Holiday schedule for Immigration

From you user name I assume you go to Chaeng Wattana?

But anyway: days before and after long holiday period should be very crowded with people having exact due dates from 12 to 16 (5 days). Some go before the due date, others on the 17th as the holidays have a suspensive effect.

For the one year retirement extension you have a 30 day period before due date.

I would use it to be as far from the holidays as possible.

Considering that Jomtien Immgration only allows everybody to extend their tourist visa or visa exempt only one (1) business day prior to stamp expiry, that means anyone with a stamp expiring on the 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th, and 16th will be going in to extend on the 11th and won't get their passports back until the 17th, as it's a 2 day process. That's a very long time to be without your passport and hoping that they don't lose it in the meantime.

I'd be guessing there will be an absolutely insanely massive queue on the 11th next month. Hope they will put on extra staff to work the days in the lead-up to the extra long holidays.

Edited by bbi1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/16/2024 at 1:12 PM, phaholyothin said:

What does your crystal ball say about going there on the 11th for a retirement extension? 

Your immigration office CW? 

They allow up to 45 days early for extension retirement. 

Why make it hard

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Considering that Jomtien Immgration only allows everybody to extend their tourist visa or visa exempt only one (1) business day prior to stamp expiry, that means anyone with a stamp expiring on the 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th, and 16th will be going in to extend on the 11th and won't get their passports back until the 17th, as it's a 2 day process. That's a very long time to be without your passport and hoping that they don't lose it in the meantime.

I'd be guessing there will be an absolutely insanely massive queue on the 11th next month. Hope they will put on extra staff to work the days in the lead-up to the extra long holidays.

I really feel sorry for the poor saps who have to deal with Jomtien (be that tourist or Non-O long stay). I'll be doing my annual extension at CW Bangkok, this Thursday. 44 days before extension expiry. Never a problem. I will be in Pattaya on 11th April, could be quite entertaining to see the frustration and frayed tempers at Soi 5, Jomtien.

15 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

I really feel sorry for the poor saps who have to deal with Jomtien (be that tourist or Non-O long stay).

Scratch head re that office.

All I can come up with is they want farang to use agents. 

Be aware that at CW they now want TM47 in your paperwork. 

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Be aware that at CW they now want TM47 in your paperwork. 

I travel to/from Thailand a lot so last time I was here for 90 days was during Covid. I was here for 13 months and that was the only times I filed the TM47 (90 day report). Assume TM47 is not required unless in country for 90 days or longer.

On 3/17/2024 at 7:30 PM, DrJack54 said:

Your immigration office CW? 

They allow up to 45 days early for extension retirement. 

Why make it hard

No particular reason other than I'd like to get it done before the holidays.  45 days before my expiration date would be April 9th; a Tuesday.

15 minutes ago, phaholyothin said:

No particular reason other than I'd like to get it done before the holidays.  45 days before my expiration date would be April 9th; a Tuesday.

You can do that or leave it till well after holidays. 

So point of your thread? 

You are aware of your options

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

You can do that or leave it till well after holidays. 

So point of your thread? 

The point was to check the date of closing for Songkran...

On 3/15/2024 at 1:31 PM, phaholyothin said:

Have they posted the days on which they'll be closed?  On this page it says that Friday, April 12th is an "extra holiday" for Songkran so I assume that means the last day they'll be open is the 11th?  Not sure if that page is official though.

34 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The point was to check the date of closing for

The OP deals with CW and seems rattled by small window of holidays and CW has 45 day window. Oh please

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2024 at 10:29 PM, DrJack54 said:

The OP deals with CW and seems rattled by small window of holidays and CW has 45 day window. Oh please

Nope, not "rattled".  You totally read that into my post.  If you don't have anything positive to say, not saying anything is always an option.  Take it as a standing recommendation.

Just to update. 

I got out of there a few minutes ago. This is the first time I’ve ever gotten my extension done at CW before lunchtime. 

i usually judge how busy they are by how many empty seats are in the waiting area. Today there was never a time when all the seat were full. About 10-15% empty chairs on average. 

I did include a printout of the most recent TM47 receipt that I get via email, and they kept it. 

As usual, there seems to be something very mysterious or interesting in my passport because they always spend a lot of time carefully inspecting the stamps from ten years ago, even calling over other immigration officiers to have a look. Wish I knew what it was. 

• Confused 1