$22.00 Burrito in SF now, the world has gone mad.

La Vaca Birria, and customers aren’t always accepting of the change. So in a recent Instagram post, Lopez addressed a customer complaint about high prices and broke down the reasons his popular grilled cheese birria burrito has gone from $11 a couple of years ago to its current price of $22.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/foodnews/why-this-sf-burrito-costs-22-i-hope-every-damn-mexican-restaurant-raises-their-prices/ar-BB1jKMFh

Newsom is such an idiot.

24 minutes ago, stoner said:

but the stock market is higher than ever.

Yes, bout the only good thing for me is my growing 401K, but Calif is like a social experiment gone terribly wrong. 

That's in a nice restaurant. 

In relation to wages it's cheaper than Thailand. 2024 minimum wage as an example is 20US an hour. 70 minutes work for a security guard. Same security guard doing 70 minutes work in any major Thai city. His 60 bht won't get him a "renowned " restaurant's dish.

Edited by sidjameson

The security guard will need to pay income taxes, food tax, and tip before he can fully enjoy that burrito. 

I figure the $22 will go up to $36 before tax money. $4 tip, $3 food tax and then approx. 20-25% income tax on earnings.

Your security guard will need to work two hours for his lunch.  Beverage and any extras will bump the price up.

Edited by swerve

• 3 weeks later...

Prices for just about everything are going up in the US. Food, housing, utilities, insurance of any kind, medical expenses, etc. Many people can’t keep up and are running up credit card debt or cashing in retirement accounts just to pay the bills. 

I’m glad I’m not there right now. I suppose the situation will eventually sort itself out.  It’s not as if the country hasn’t been through periods of inflation before.  

I used to to live on Mission district burritos and also two dollar Mexican style Chinese rice plates. I think massive loaded burritos at the best places were about five bucks back then. Chips and salsa bar included. 

Edited by Jingthing