Hi everyone,

My RV is due for renewal in June. I use the money in bank method but, due to my error with an ATM  card, the 800,000 dipped to 795,000 last October. I immediately corrected my mistake so when I renew in June this year the full 800,000 will have been in the account for 7 months. Is this a problem?

Thank you for any useful advice.

40 minutes ago, orientfan said:

Hi everyone,

My RV is due for renewal in June. I use the money in bank method but, due to my error with an ATM  card, the 800,000 dipped to 795,000 last October. I immediately corrected my mistake so when I renew in June this year the full 800,000 will have been in the account for 7 months. Is this a problem?

Thank you for any useful advice.

Provided you maintained a balance of 800K for 3 months after the extension was granted (a permit, not a visa), it isn't an issue.

You can withdraw up to 400K after that 3-month period as long as the minium balance remains at 400K.

From the dates you specify, you're OK.

Suggest you deposit that 800K into a Fixed Term account, better interest rate, no debit card, can only be accessed in branch.

Edited by Liquorice

Some offices are very strick. CW being one.

OP, how long was your account 5k short. Do you have another Thai bank account in your name only

Edit: after reading post above by @Liquorice it seems that you may have withdrawn funds in the months where you are permitted to be as low as 400k

• Thanks 1

Got me.  Topic list does not indicate where anything is posted.  Only "RV renewal"

A recreational vehicle, often abbreviated as RV, is a motor vehicle or trailer that includes living quarters designed for accommodation.

But appears was below 800k when allowed by rules (after 3 months until 2 months prior to next can go to 400k),

1 minute ago, lopburi3 said:

Only "RV renewal"

Retirement Visa  🙄

2 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

But appears was below 800k when allowed by rules (after 3 months until 2 months prior to next can go to 400k),

Agreed.
Extension issued June.
July, Aug, Sept, maintained the 800k.

Didn't dip below the 800K until October, which is permitted.

Thanks everyone . It was the Jomtien office. The only time the money dipped below was 29/10 797,954 . Then when I realised the mistake, 30/10 802,954.

So 800,000 has already been in for 3 months and the extension is due in June.

Thanks for any further comments

15 minutes ago, orientfan said:

So 800,000 has already been in for 3 months and the extension is due in June.

You are good to go. Just make sure 800k+ two months prior to date you apply for next extension. As pointed out earlier you may like to consider an FD account . Avoids any slip ups.

Thread closed.