Anybody done an initial Non-O for retirement at Chaengwattana recently?

Is a walk-in feasible for that, and how long does it take? Arrive early and sit all day in the bleachers?

I'm looking at online appointments too, but those are several weeks out and would leave me with < 15 days on an extension.

With so little time I think I might not get past the document check and that's also a long time to wait only to potentially be rejected, so I'm thinking it might be better to go sooner and sit with the crowd (which I'm sure I'll be doing anyway).

when you say 'initial Non O', are you referring to a situation where you entered thailand visa exempt or on a tourist visa and would like to change/convert to a Non O at CW ?  if so, that is done at the C desk which does not have much of a line.  walk-in is fine.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, buick said:

when you say 'initial Non O', are you referring to a situation where you entered thailand visa exempt or on a tourist visa and would like to change/convert to a Non O at CW ?  if so, that is done at the C desk which does not have much of a line.  walk-in is fine.

That would be great, thanks for the information.

I have, but I appreciate that anyway. I almost posted more about the bank documents (5.1-5.3) but don't want to take too much advantage of a board that answers the same questions regularly.

Those bank account documentation requirements in particular seem like a real headache, requiring (I think) 3-4 documents + copies of things and visiting different places (basement in the morning, possibly an HQ depending on bank the day/week before), and so on.

It's all in older threads, I know.

i think you are okay with (i) the bank book (ii) one copy of the pages in the bank book and (iii) the bank letter that confirms the balance in the account.  if you've had the money in the bank for a long time, i don't think you need 5.3 (proof of transfer from abroad).  i didn't need 5.3 when i did mine in 2021 (most recent). 

more recently people have been asked to provide monthly statements for the bank account.  but i think that is when they apply for the one year extension.  not the initial Non O.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, buick said:

i think you are okay with (i) the bank book (ii) one copy of the pages in the bank book and (iii) the bank letter that confirms the balance in the account.  if you've had the money in the bank for a long time, i don't think you need 5.3 (proof of transfer from abroad).  i didn't need 5.3 when i did mine in 2021 (most recent). 

more recently people have been asked to provide monthly statements for the bank account.  but i think that is when they apply for the one year extension.  not the initial Non O.

Okay, thanks for your help!