Changing Passports

delboy

You'll need to complete the form "Transfer Stamp to New Passport" and you'll need:

(1) Photocopy of your photo page of your new passport (and any pages with any stamps), and

(2) Photocopy of your old passport photo page and at least a photocopy of every page in the old passport with Thai stamps.  I say "at least" as I've had it done twice and one of the times they insisted on a photocopy of every page of the old passport even those with stamps from other countries.  Once they also requested a photocopy of my TM30 Receipt of Notification.  Neither time was I required to furnish a copy of the TM47 Receipt of Notification but read somewhere that somebody else was required to present a photocopy of same.

And, of course, sign (blue ink) all the photocopies, the transfer form, and might as well neatly print your telephone number near your signature on the transfer form (they may or may not ask for the telephone number).

Edit:  If my memory is correct, I just went directly to the window to the right of the general info/whatever desk in front of the entry door (i.e., I didn't have to get pre-clearance either time but who knows what's happening nowadays).

Edited by CMBob

Thanks for the info.  I realise that it's a guessing game as to what documents they actually require at any particular visit, so try to take copies of everything, just in case.

I did the transfer in Feb 2024, went to the tent outside at 800 (opens 830) had all my paperwork done except for the couple of illin's at the tent about overstays etc, that everyone has to fill in.  Then and IO walks around and will check to see if one has done all the paperwork - he checked mine at 810, told me to go to the TM 30 office behind the main office (opened at 815) went inside spent 5 minutes with IO to fill in a new TM30 for the New Passport.  went back to the tent, they then called my queue number - looked at the paperwork and sent me to the walk-in 90-day report a mine was due that day but they kept all the paperwork and advised me to just come back and no waiting.  90-day report about 2 minutes max, went back to the window and they stapled the reports into my new passport and sent me in to window 2 which is for transfers.  took about half an hour of waiting and then I was out of there in no time.  No costs for sure.  Then came to BKK, landlord did a tm30 and I applied online for LTR through the Board of Investment, under the 2nd category of wealthy pensioner - 3 weeks later I have he new visa.  good for 10 years and only 1400+ USD, in and out of Thailand without further costs, easy in and out line at the international airport.  If I wanted to work he BOI takes care of that permit too.  Close to the elite visa but no 90-day reports!

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, ujayujay said:

Easyest Way: Bring your old Passport with you to the Immigration to top up the new one....they do the Rest....At least that's how I experienced it in Hua Hin!

Just beware a bogus 500 baht fee.  It transferring stamps to a new passport should be free, but some offices make a charge, including Hua Hin.  Resist!