Unlike other countries, you really NEED to shop around here in LOS!

CanadaSam

15 hours ago, CanadaSam said:

Just read a thread about B-Quik, ok, my personal experiences just in the last 30 days:

B-Quik, front shocks, 8000+, Honda service centre, 7000, amazing, ain't it?

Sirikit Government Hospital, full abdomen CT scan, 19,500 Jomtien (private) Hospital, 18,600, amazing ain't it?

Room air purifier, exact same brand, Homepro 9,000 and Lazada 4,800 what a shocker!

Friend just bought tickets Bangkok - Krabi return, 8000 per person x 6 from a travel agent.  I peeked online and see tickets on the exact same dates, same class of service, for under 3000 per person!

And the GF says you get what you pay for, wants to shop at the most expensive stores for clothes, 90% polyester, cheap as sh*t material, costing 3000 for a top.

TIT, guys, shop around, pay what you want, but I think the key word is, in LOS, shop around!

Same in every country.

16 hours ago, CanadaSam said:

Just read a thread about B-Quik, ok, my personal experiences just in the last 30 days:

Sirikit Government Hospital, full abdomen CT scan, 19,500 Jomtien (private) Hospital, 18,600, amazing ain't it?

Room air purifier, exact same brand, Homepro 9,000 and Lazada 4,800 what a shocker!

Friend just bought tickets Bangkok - Krabi return, 8000 per person x 6 from a travel agent.  I peeked online and see tickets on the exact same dates, same class of service, for under 3000 per person!

And the GF says you get what you pay for, wants to shop at the most expensive stores for clothes, 90% polyester, cheap as sh*t material, costing 3000 for a top.

TIT, guys, shop around, pay what you want, but I think the key word is, in LOS, shop around!

It's the same all over the free world, it's called free trade, so you'll see competing prices instead of only the highest price...:whistling:

Last week I got a new chain, front/rearsprockets, new front/rear drum brake pads, oil change, new oil and air filters, new fuel gauge for a Honda Dream scooter all fitted and installed for 1,200 Baht from the bloke just down the Soi (3,000 Baht at the local Honda dealership and closer to 8,000 Baht in any western country).

In western countries the big chain stores and supermarkets are often cheapest, but in Thailand it is often the local shop.

Edited by Stevemercer
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

Wow from Thai friendly, you pay top dollar for short time lol TIT

My face is uglier than a dog's ass 😆

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, CanadaSam said:

Shopee 760 Baht 

What a shocker......?

This thread is a classic.

Go to most Big C's and check out the vender(s) prior to entering the main part of the store, have racks of sport shirts (all sizes) and shorts (the same.)  The brands are the same that are on racks in many of the stores in the US, manufactured by H&M with their label or other popular labels.  Prices in the US, $18-$25, at those shops 100-200 baht!!

• Agree 1

On 4/3/2024 at 12:04 AM, CanadaSam said:

You have to shop around in most countries.

Unlike other countries, 

Which other countries?  I don't know one where that is the case.  You are always wise to shop around, regardless of the country.  shop around. hence the rise of internet shopping. .

You really can't rely on prices or businesses to have any sort of logic or reliability in Thailand.

It should be that a high-end outlet has higher quality things but they are a higher price, while somewhere like a market should have lower quality items but at a lower price.  However, I've seen toiletries that were more expensive in a market, and I've seen electronics that were more expensive in a high-end store, but were the same cheap stuff you find in a market.

• Agree 1

There is so little price competition here in Thailand it seems to me that it is worthless shopping around. Lazada may seem cheap but I am always concerned that their goods are not legitimate so I have stopped shopping there. I try to buy Japanese wherever I can, failing that, Korean. 

On 4/4/2024 at 10:07 AM, fceligoj said:

This thread is a classic.

Go to most Big C's and check out the vender(s) prior to entering the main part of the store, have racks of sport shirts (all sizes) and shorts (the same.)  The brands are the same that are on racks in many of the stores in the US, manufactured by H&M with their label or other popular labels.  Prices in the US, $18-$25, at those shops 100-200 baht!!

True. The strange thing is that they are not that desirable to me on the 100 baht rack.

• Haha 1