Pheu Thai is reformist, not neo conservative party, Thaksin claims

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Addressing party members on a video conference at the general meeting of the Pheu Thai party on Friday, Thaksin, who is now on parole

So why are the PTP even talking to him ??????

Who is pulling the strings

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

“Today, our lawn may not be green, but we have fertiliser and a lawn mower. If we all help out, our lawn will turn green. This is our home, we must overcome our bitter past,” said Srettha.

This lawn is dead. It is no more. It has passed on. It's gone to lawn heaven. What you see here is a fake lawn. Artificial lawn. No mowing required. And no fertiliser. And no rake off.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

PTP is a conservative populist party in bed with the ultra-conservative military elite. I challenge anyone to dispute this.

Yep, they said they wouldn't touch Section 11something. Which leaves only MFP as reformists, even though I have some doubts.

Edited by Ben Zioner

15 minutes ago, Ben Zioner said:

Yep, they said they wouldn't touch Section 11something. Which leaves only MFP as reformists, even though I have some doubts.

Thaksin is going to get hammered along with the PTP if the courts rule that MFP is trying to get rid of the monarchy.

The streets will be full of people, and instead of them asking for military rule or PTP it is going to be a sea of ORANGE.

Personally, I think the courts were stupid to take it. They could have simply said that they felt the amending of Art 112, while not possible, would not affect the people's love of the King and let it go.

Now Pita and all the members of MFP are going to become martyrs.  

I think Thaksin realizes that this could be a bigger protest than anything the PTP or TRT ever had and is worried.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, hotchilli said:

So why are the PTP even talking to him ??????

Who is pulling the strings

4 hours ago, bradiston said:

“Today, our lawn may not be green, but we have fertiliser and a lawn mower. If we all help out, our lawn will turn green. This is our home, we must overcome our bitter past,” said Srettha.

This lawn is dead. It is no more. It has passed on. It's gone to lawn heaven. What you see here is a fake lawn. Artificial lawn. No mowing required. And no fertiliser. And no rake off.

Plenty of rake-off, straight to the nominated bank account. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, webfact said:

“Today, we are definitely not stuck with antiquated issues, because the world has changed and the Pheu Thai party must change,” said Thaksin, adding that capitalism that lacks compassion will not make people happy and reaching out to the people, physically or through the media, is important.

Which is why PTP joined the MFP progressive coalition to oppose antiquated conservative pro-military political supporters. NOT!

• Agree 1

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Thai constitution states that a party can be disbanded if it is seen to be under undue influence of an outsider?

Thaksin is still a convict, he is on parole. After these comments today, and the ones he was making yesterday about his daughter being fit to take over at the end of this parliament - when she has never held any political office, or ever held down a serious job - PTP is running the risk of being disbanded by the CC.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1