Thai cannabis network concerned over govt’s move to criminalize marijuana

webfact

I do think the big pharma and the alcohol geoups have been able ro measure the drop in sales.  I inow last xmas time on my trip for 7 weeks i probably consumed 70% less alcohol while in the tourist areas and BKK. And 50% less while in rural areas.  I think a pot high is more compatible with the oddities, frustrations, and craziness of Thailand.   

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Just in my area alone there has been some serious money invested in shops, which bye the way have been empty for years, so the landlords are finally happy he's getting some rent, no doubt local people have got jobs, Other local business are also benefiting from them as it is bringing more punters in the area.

Not to mention the chocolate and crisp companies who are earning extra from the munchies.

Totally Thai...blame those less likely to fight back.

What about the harm alcohol and nicotine make? No chance taking those on so hit the vapes and weed farms.

Pathetic 

• Agree 2

Thailand proves once again to be one of the worse places to invest one's money... Even in the weed biz people (will eventually) lose their money in Thailand. Oh well, there is still prostitution, alcohol and gambling 😂

• Agree 1

On 4/6/2024 at 4:21 AM, webfact said:

The network for Shaping the Future of Thai Cannabis previously petitioned the Thai Ministry of Public Health to publicize factual comparisons between marijuana, alcohol, cigarettes, and amphetamines with scientific information on these four categories to determine control measures accordingly, remarked Prasitchai.

This is the smartest request made. However the gvt biggots prolly fear the results if this research were conducted. Meth ok?

• Agree 2

15 hours ago, bradiston said:

Exactly. The cost to any nation of alcohol related disease, deaths and social mayhem (domestic violence, family breakup, kid's lives destroyed) is almost immeasurable. Same but even worse for yaba. Smack, speed? Hey, nuts I may be. Speed freak I ain't! Get real you idiot politicians. Whose script are you reading from?

Honestly, I love a toke before bed but I take it to sleep well. How that's a threat or any other effect of weed is beyond me. Driving when stoned sure but you could extend that to say alcohol is also deadly when driving.

Banning weed when alcohol and nicotine is allowed to profit the pockets is akin to street vendors being banned for selling junk food yet allowing McDonald's and KFC to continue.

It's that bloody idiotic.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Barnet1900 said:

Honestly, I love a toke before bed but I take it to sleep well. How that's a threat or any other effect of weed is beyond me. Driving when stoned sure but you could extend that to say alcohol is also deadly when driving.

Banning weed when alcohol and nicotine is allowed to profit the pockets is akin to street vendors being banned for selling junk food yet allowing McDonald's and KFC to continue.

It's that bloody idiotic.

I used to be a heavy cannabis smoker, when it was solids back in the late 80 and 90s ... started smoking it aged 14.

Seen the damage it does to people i.e. 2 now with schizophrenia ... so its not harmless, and that was solids which is nowhere near as strong as modern day weed.

Now i'm al for decriminalising, as people want to get high for whatever reason, they always have and always will.

But Thailand has seem to have gone from one extreme to the other, with winkers walking around with spliffs everywhere.

Decriminalise it for indoors whether that be in the home or an airconditioned room, so the majority of people who dont smoke it, or want to see it ... dont have to!

I work in Holland from time to time, and when smoking was still allowed on trains, some Brit thought it clever to light up a spliff ... Within an instant a Cloggy put the ignorant fool in his place.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, ADog said:

I used to be a heavy cannabis smoker, when it was solids back in the late 80 and 90s ... started smoking it aged 14.

Seen the damage it does to people i.e. 2 now with schizophrenia ... so its not harmless, and that was solids which is nowhere near as strong as modern day weed.

Now i'm al for decriminalising, as people want to get high for whatever reason, they always have and always will.

But Thailand has seem to have gone from one extreme to the other, with winkers walking around with spliffs everywhere.

Decriminalise it for indoors whether that be in the home or an airconditioned room, so the majority of people who dont smoke it, or want to see it ... dont have to!

I work in Holland from time to time, and when smoking was still allowed on trains, some Brit thought it clever to light up a spliff ... Within an instant a Cloggy put the ignorant fool in his place.

I used to smoke solid from 16 to 26. The only damage it did was keep me indoors. I used to get stoned and sleep. Not great which is why I quit.

When I stopped I started drinking, smoking fags and doing the things drinkers do best. Get aggressive, wake up hanging and spend the day in a bad mood.

In an ideal world we'd all hit the yoga mats and be passive people but in reality humans need a poison of some description and weed does not have anywhere near the levels of health or public damage that alcohol and cigs pose.

My point is, that if you're banning weed for health and social reasons you can't let alcohol and nicotine continue.

I'm 100pc in agreement with how you describe the way it's exploded onto the streets. They've been given a chance and there are idiots all over Thailand who are exploiting the opportunity. I've bought my stuff from 5 different suppliers and only 1 has delivered quality. 

I'd like to see it decriminalised for use at home, and the growers regulated with licences and inspections to ensure it squashes the opportunist scum that are making money from selling crap.

2 minutes ago, Barnet1900 said:

I used to smoke solid from 16 to 26. The only damage it did was keep me indoors. I used to get stoned and sleep. Not great which is why I quit.

When I stopped I started drinking, smoking fags and doing the things drinkers do best. Get aggressive, wake up hanging and spend the day in a bad mood.

In an ideal world we'd all hit the yoga mats and be passive people but in reality humans need a poison of some description and weed does not have anywhere near the levels of health or public damage that alcohol and cigs pose.

My point is, that if you're banning weed for health and social reasons you can't let alcohol and nicotine continue.

I'm 100pc in agreement with how you describe the way it's exploded onto the streets. They've been given a chance and there are idiots all over Thailand who are exploiting the opportunity. I've bought my stuff from 5 different suppliers and only 1 has delivered quality. 

I'd like to see it decriminalised for use at home, and the growers regulated with licences and inspections to ensure it squashes the opportunist scum that are making money from selling crap.

Weed is bad for the respiratory system, its smoking a cigarette without a filter, my respiratory system isnt the best all these years later from doing too many buckets say 1/8th solids with half a cigarette, was never a big spliff smoker.

Yes alcohol causes more problems than any other drug .. but its been part of human culture in most the planet for all of recorded history ... so can't go in for a comparison with cannabis, which in the western world is a relatively new phenomenon, i.e 150 years or so, and only circa 50 years has it become widespread

Personally i'd like to see ecstasy legalised, as it gets people out the house, exercising, happy and friendly ... weed just turns people into a boring bstrds!

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, ADog said:

Do tell. What are “solids“? I've been a consumer off and on since the 70's and have never heard the term. Hashish would be my guess but that would contradict your statement that today's weed is stronger. I've smoked black Afghani hash in the 70's that was much stronger than any pot available now.

17 hours ago, gargamon said:

Do tell. What are “solids“? I've been a consumer off and on since the 70's and have never heard the term. Hashish would be my guess but that would contradict your statement that today's weed is stronger. I've smoked black Afghani hash in the 70's that was much stronger than any pot available now.

Yes its hash.

Todays weed is modified, hence its stronger.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6312155/

I could do buckets all day long back in the day, 2 drags on a modern day weed spliff and its game over for me. 

I'm good with cannabis medical clinic, but it means I have to be sick first to be happy, sounds moronic doesn't it? 

How about sick people want to have a recreational?

I thought recreational have exactly the same meaning with tourism.

I wish all governments apply some logic so we all can profit.

Edited by sumaterani