O.J. Simpson Dead of Cancer

Was 76 years old.

O.J. Simpson, the former football great who was accused of and ultimately acquitted of the brutal 1994 slayings of his ex-wife and her friend, has died, according to his family. He was 76. "On April 10th, our father, Orenthal James Simpson, succumbed to his battle with cancer. He was surrounded by his children and grandchildren. During this time of transition, his family asks that you please respect their wishes for privacy and grace," a statement from his family said.  https://abcnews.go.com/US/oj-simpson-former-football-star-acquitted-murder-dies/story?id=16354000

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, gargamon said:

Murderer!

Yes, perhaps. Probably. Almost certainly.

But let me play devil's advocate. Did his woman cheat on him after he put her up in a 20 million dollar mansion and send their children to top private schools?

Still doesn't jusfify murder. Just putting out that scenario and if you might try to imagine how it might drive you mad if that happened to you. 

Edited by save the frogs
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, GypsyT said:

Double murderer. Skin color helped to skip jail.....

Not skin color. Money color. Green. For the superstar lawyers.

My understanding is that most black people know he did it too. The celebrations were about protesting the American injustice system. So it was a win for the team that usually loses is all. 

Edited by Jingthing

1 hour ago, save the frogs said:

But let me play devil's advocate. Did his woman cheat on him after he put her up in a 20 million dollar mansion and send their children to top private schools?

Still doesn't jusfify murder. Just putting out that scenario and if you might try to imagine how it might drive you mad if that happened to you. 

No you di'int.

• Like 1

Strangly not the first time ,T Cullen Davies the Dallas 1970'S millionaire dressed in women's clothes and shot his wife+ lover.Aquited after many trials .Can't quite get my head around the US justice system !

That white supremacist/secessionist cop in the middle of this, who Nicole was "seeing," did not get the attention that was warranted at the trial, IMO.

I suspect there was some pressure, can't say from where exactly, for the defense to steer clear of this. 

• Confused 1

On 4/12/2024 at 1:16 AM, save the frogs said:

She didn't live in a $20 million mansion.

She was not his woman, she filed for divorce 2 years before he murdered her.

5 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

She didn't live in a $20 million mansion.

She was not his woman, she filed for divorce 2 years before he murdered her.

I looked it up. It was a 2.6 million dollar mansion.

Yes, she filed for divorce and probably got millions in the divorce.

No one knows what happened in the marriage, so I will stop speculating and playing devil's advocate. 

Anyway, we all know it was murder. So why state the obvious, Captain Obvious? 

While I cannot find a link to it , I remember a news interview with an LA County Sherriff's rep who was asked after the verdict: 

Now that OJ has been found not guilty, are you going to try to find the REAL killer?

Answer: No. We got our man.

BTW OJ had prostate cancer. Not caught early enough.

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Wellness/oj-simpson-dies-after-prostate-cancer-diagnosis-psa/story?id=109149892

Edited by jerrymahoney