Mukdahan to Savannakhet Bus Schedule

15 hours ago, ouagadougou said:

I think the bridge over to Lao from Mukdahan is open from 6am to 10pm.

What does the bus schedule look like?

Thank you

If you have a car, drive over.

21 minutes ago, ouagadougou said:

I'll likely be flying into Ubon Ratchathani.  No car.

Is there some sort of minubus service directly from the airport to Mukdahan?  Or do you have to go to the bus station first?

I can't remember if it was Nokair or Airasia, but there used to be a Bkk-Mukdahan package deal where you would fly Bkk-Ubon and then get on a bus to Mukdahan straight from the airport. I did it over 10 years ago and don't know if it's still available.

3 hours ago, Denim said:

Paperwork requirements ?

if you own the car, it is very easy especially after the first time.

Thailand and Laos have an agreement.

You need a "purple book" the car "passport" This costs about 250 baht and is available from any DLT office. Takes about 1 or 2 hours.

• Valid passport for at least six months with a few blank pages - You'll generally need at least two to four blank pages in your passport for entry stamps.
  • Original blue/green book (vehicle registration document)
  • Photocopies of the passport bio page and vehicle registration document (2 copies each)
  • Valid driver's license (an International Driving Permit is recommended but not needed fir a Thai d/l)
  • Temporary import permit (obtained at the Thai border) don't lose this its required  for re entry)
  • Lao vehicle insurance (can be obtained at the border costs about 500 baht)
  • Passport photo (for Laos visa on arrival, if required)
  • Laos temp import documents obtained on entry

I used to cross regularly.  

From the centre of Savannakhet to Big C in Mukdahan would take about 35 minutes.

The fact is that many vehicles cross back and forth between Thailand  and Laos every day and once you know the procedure, it is the quickest way to cross the border. You don't even have to hand your passport in fir a Laos VOA as they will often process it along with your vehicle.

• Thanks 1

On 4/18/2024 at 9:54 PM, ouagadougou said:

I'll likely be flying into Ubon Ratchathani.  No car.

Is there some sort of minubus service directly from the airport to Mukdahan?  Or do you have to go to the bus station first?

I am not sure about direct service but the bus station is very close to the airport and the taxis are all metered. I went across town for 46 baht. Felt guilty that it was so cheap so gave him a tip. Buses to Mukdahan leave  regularly