Procedures for NON-IMM O and one year retirement extension from a visa excempt 30 day entry

22 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

https://aseannow.com/topic/1311886-visa-exempt-to-retirement-extension-process-and-cost/ 

OP, do you have a Thai bank account in your name only? 

Which immigration office will you deal with? 

@pattjock > Be aware that there is the 'official' procedure, and how that procedure is being interpreted and/or amended with additional requirements by the local Imm Office where you plan to apply for the 90-day Non Imm O Visa. 

I have a bankbook. Assume all I need, regarding the money, is to update this and show this to immigration. Or do I also need a letter from the bank?  I know I will need a letter from the bank later on for the one year extension.

10 minutes ago, pattjock said:

I have a bankbook. Assume all I need, regarding the money, is to update this and show this to immigration.

You require 800k in Thai bank account on the day of application. 

Unless the funds have been in the account for "some period of time" you would need to show funds came from abroad. 

Which immigration office? 

6 minutes ago, pattjock said:

The money will have been in the account for nearly a year. Will do thei in Pattaya so assume they will only need to see the updated bankbook

Provided the funds (800k) have been in the account for 2 months you should be fine at Jomtien immigration. 

Earlier this year they were insisting the 800k had to be in account for 2 months.

This made it impossible for folk with visa exempt entry to obtain non O 

The actual rule is 800k in account on day of application. No seasoning required

Go to an agent. In Pattaya, 3 days to get the Non-O, then the retirement visa and a Bangkok Bank account. 

No money in the bank needed. Costs around 20 - 25k. No fake stamps involved. The easy way 😁👍

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

You require 800k in Thai bank account on the day of application. 

Unless the funds have been in the account for "some period of time" you would need to show funds came from abroad. 

Which immigration office? 

Or proof of that income from pension or similar. or a combination of these two. However.. Unless its different rules when not having Non O from abroad.

1 hour ago, PeachCH said:

Go to an agent. In Pattaya, 3 days to get the Non-O, then the retirement visa and a Bangkok Bank account. 

No money in the bank needed. Costs around 20 - 25k. No fake stamps involved. The easy way 😁👍

keep away from agents

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

On 4/19/2024 at 7:30 AM, paahlman said:

Or proof of that income from pension or similar. or a combination of these two. However.. Unless its different rules when not having Non O from abroad.

Can a Embassy letter confirming income be used?

14 minutes ago, scoutman360 said:

I recommend you get your first Non-O out of Thailand at an embassy. So much easier. Vientiane was a breeze

Why. 

Vientiane require an appointment added fact is that OP asked specific question.

Have  a read. 

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Why. 

Vientiane require an appointment added fact is that OP asked specific question.

Have  a read. 

Vientiane only wanted a certified bank letter and copy of passbook. CW requirements were far more extensive.  Even Los Angeles embassy only asks for local bank evidence. As someone who worked in Thailand for 20 years, I could not meet the CW requirements as my money was earned in Thailand. The OP is looking for solutions without a bank account. Just offering my experience. Vientiane appointment was easy and I was in and out of the embassy in 5 minutes.

13 minutes ago, scoutman360 said:

CW requirements were far more extensive.

No they are not.

For the subsequent 12 month extension theO OP will require 800k in Thai bank account. 

Only delays that requirement. 

And requires trip to Loas (Vientiane) to obtain the Non O.

Certainly and option if in home country and can obtain eVisa non o. 

Will assist to open bank account.

Or agent for bank account 5k

13 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

No they are not.

Attached list of CW first NON-O requirements which I got from them. 

Bank book copy - Vientiane doesn't care. They only want certified letter from the bank. L.A. embassy wants to see bank records but doesn't ask for certified statement.

Copy of rental agreement - Vientiane doesn't care. L.A. embassy doesn't care. 

Evidence of fund being transferred from overseas. Both Vientiane and L.A. embassy don't care. 

I was denied an extension based on retirement at CW after working here a long time on Non-B and told I must re-enter Thailand on "exempt" or VISA and start the process over. For an extension, the only option is to apply in Thailand, as far as I know. 

Non-O Chaeng Wattana Requirements.pdf