staying up to 5 months in Thailand over winter VISA option ????

I will want to stay up to 5 months in Thailand  over winter ,, what visa options do I have  from UK ,

Not doing thai retirement visa , I dont want to stay 1 year anymore or have large sums in Thai banks ,,, In now 66,  i am married to a thai , for 28 years ,, and have daughter

9 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Couple of obvious examples.

A SETV + 30 day extension followed by 60 extension to visit wife ...

Just one example of many.

I would consider a non O marriage (eVisa) from UK and then 60 day extension to visit wife

would that require  flying out to say  a neighbouring country ???

5 hours ago, liddelljohn said:

No. You'd obtain the initial visa as an eVisa back home and your extension(s) at your local immigration office in Thailand.

Edited by Caldera
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, liddelljohn said:

No. Already answered.

Personally, I'd apply for the Non Imm O, then a 60 day extension.

Note that would allow a total stay of 150 days, not exactly 5 months, so book a return flight accordingly.
The day of entry counts as day 1 of your stay.

Edited by Liquorice
  • Like 1

Non Imm O based on marriage   from Uk is single entry  and only for 60 days on arrival says london  embassy web pages   and then if  it can be extended in Thailand  its not clear  wether its 30 or another 60 days  is only 4 months  max??? 

6 hours ago, liddelljohn said:

Non Imm O based on marriage   from Uk is single entry  and only for 60 days on arrival says london  embassy web pages   and then if  it can be extended in Thailand  its not clear  wether its 30 or another 60 days  is only 4 months  max??? 

A non O marriage or retirement provides a stamp of 90 days.

If married you can obtain a 60 extension to visit wife = 5 months ~

It cannot be extended by 30 days. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, liddelljohn said:

from Uk is single entry  and only for 60 days on arrival says london  embassy web pages

....from the London Embassy website.......https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/page/spouse-and-family-visa

Spouse and Family Visa 

Non Immigration Type O visit and staying with family in Thailand (Single entry / valid for 90 days / stay in Thailand up to 90 days)

Thanks I will apply for Non im O then ,, I  think you have to show £5k in Uk bank for 6 months  and send in Statements  now for E visas in UK , I had to do that for  60 day  Tourist visa last year

Requirements seem to chage every few months. You won't know what you have to upload until you make your application later this year.

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, liddelljohn said:

Thanks I will apply for Non im O then ,, I  think you have to show £5k in Uk bank for 6 months  and send in Statements  now for E visas in UK , I had to do that for  60 day  Tourist visa last year

Financial evidence showing monthly income of no less than 40,000 THB (£1,000) or having the current balance of 400,000 THB (£10,000), e.g. bank statements, proof of earnings
- Applicant’s recent official UK/Ireland bank statement shows your name, address (Screenshots are not accepted). For monthly income of last 3 months no less than £1,000/ month.

https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/page/spouse-and-family-visa

15 hours ago, liddelljohn said:

Note that you could also apply in your home-country for a 60-day Tourist eVisa. 

Once in Thailand, such 60-day Tourist Visa allows you to apply at your local Imm Office for a 30-day extension of stay, and at the end of those 30 days you could then apply for a 60-day extension of stay for reason of visiting your wife (note that it has to be done in that order).  That would also provide you with 150 days of stay in Thailand without the need for any border-hops. 

5 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Note that you could also apply in your home-country for a 60-day Tourist eVisa. 

Once in Thailand, such 60-day Tourist Visa allows you to apply at your local Imm Office for a 30-day extension of stay, and at the end of those 30 days you could then apply for a 60-day extension of stay for reason of visiting your wife (note that it has to be done in that order).  That would also provide you with 150 days of stay in Thailand without the need for any border-hops. 

But two visits to Immigration, rather than the one if he enters with a Non Imm O visa.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/19/2024 at 4:32 PM, liddelljohn said:

I will want to stay up to 5 months in Thailand  over winter ,, what visa options do I have  from UK ,

Not doing thai retirement visa , I dont want to stay 1 year anymore or have large sums in Thai banks ,,, In now 66,  i am married to a thai , for 28 years ,, and have daughter

Here is what I did. In UK get a 60 day tourist visa, when applying online they email it to you within 3 days. Easy to do. Go get a 30 day extension to that at immigration making 3 months. I left and travelled 30 days in Indonesia (4 months). Back to Thailand visa exempt 30 days (5 months). Guess you could extend that another 30 days and leave Thailand for a shorter period. Up to you! But easily doable.

• Thumbs Up 1