Non-O leave on vacation

I have a non-O retirement visa and plan to travel to Spain this Saturday. I believe I can leave Thailand once without paying the 1,200 baht for a re-entry permit. Can I just walk through immigration on the way out, and then just turn up at immigration on the way back, and my non-O will be renewed?

Did you enter Thailand at the start of the validity period of your Non O visa? Long stay visas are valid ( or used to be) for entry for 12 months  from start date of valid for use . In which case you  may be correct if inside of  valid for use date but safest to  ask at any Imm.Office.

1 hour ago, OzMan said:

I have a non-O retirement visa and plan to travel to Spain this Saturday. I believe I can leave Thailand once without paying the 1,200 baht for a re-entry permit.

I suspect that you have a single entry non o based on retirement. 

Look at the stamp you were given upon entry.

I assume you will see a 90 day permission of stay. 

That visa is now used.

To exit Thailand and protect your stamp you will need to obtain single reentry permit. 

This can be done at airport. 1000b

Which airport will you exit from 

42 minutes ago, 0ffshore360 said:

Did you enter Thailand at the start of the validity period of your Non O visa? Long stay visas are valid ( or used to be) for entry for 12 months  from start date of valid for use .

Doubt it. 

You are referring to a non O-A that has a validity of one year and is multi entry visa.

Almost certain that he does not have that.

His entry stamp will show that.

With a non O-A he would be stamped in for 12 months. 

The visa stamp is smudged and the writing is not clear. Looking at an old visa, if I leave the country and plan to return, I need to pay 1,000 baht for a reentry permit.

Thanks everyone.

5 minutes ago, OzMan said:

The visa stamp is smudged and the writing is not clear. Looking at an old visa, if I leave the country and plan to return, I need to pay 1,000 baht for a reentry permit.

Thanks everyone.

Stop.

If you obtained a non O single entry visa from Oz you would be stamped in 90 days.

It's not an "old visa" 

You didn't even reply to which airport you exit from.

For example BKK different process to DMK.

Hells Bells