How long is the notification of address valid for ?

Hi guys,

I am going to Jomtien Immigration in the next couple of days to apply for my retirement extension. I already got from them  a 3-month visa which expires next week. My question is, I see attached to my passport a notification of address slip that is dated from last September. I have not changed address for the last 3 years and I renewed my lease contract last week for another year. Do I need to get a new notification of address before I proceed for the application or is the old one good enough for this purpose ? Thanks in advance for your replies.

Edited by Barry864

24 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You do not need to make a TM30.

However don't be surprised if Jomtien make you do one. 

I returned from the UK last Sunday and I just asked the company who's managing the condo to get me a TM30 tomorrow. She told me I might get fined because I did not report back within 24 hrs of my arrival ??? I've never encountered this problem before. Please advise

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

When you returned last week I presume you entered on a reentry permit.

A TM30 is not required.

Your condo girl is wrong

Yes, I used a re-entry permit. I thought the same. I have done that many times and never had a problem

Tell that to Khon Kaen office.  I haven't left Thailand for 11 years and I think it's five or six since I went out of Khon Kaen province.  Yet last September in order to renew my extension they asked  for  a new  TM30.  Fortunately my wife had her tabien baan with her.

• Haha 1

Jomtien Immigration for the past few months has ignored the rule that says no TM.30 is due if entering using a Re Entry Permit and returning to the same address. They were requiring a new TM.30 if you left and returned to Thailand regardless of whether you used a Re Entry Permit and returned to the same address.  In some reports, they apparently imposed a 1,600 baht fine but not always.  They also were allowing 72 hours instead of 24 for making the report.

HOWEVER, there there may be a recent change - the following is posted on the Pattaya City Expats Club's webpage for the latest Thai Immigration issues:

UPDATE as of 2 April 2024

Although the Immigration Rule does not require a TM.30 to be filed if returning using a Re-Entry permit to your previously reported address, Pattaya Immigration's policy for the past few months as noted above, required a new TM.30 be filed. 

We received 2 reports that the Pattaya Immigration has changed this policy and are now no longer requiring a new TM.30 if returning to the same address and having entered using a Re-Entry permit.  There has also been a similar report on the AseanNow message board site.

We will appreciate receiving more reports on individuals' experience with Pattaya Immigration on this issue.

• Like 1

"""You do not need to file a new TM30 for out of province and international trips. 

Previously it was required. """

It depends totally on YOUR LOCAL IO POLICY.  KORAT requires a new TM-30 .. IF .. you travel internationally.

1st hand knowledge, it happened to me.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Goethe said:

it is pointless calling an Immigration Office "rogue": every Immigration Office and every Immigration Officer has the power to do whatever it wants every day of the week. Accept that fact and act accordingly. 

Superior advise.  Check with ""YOUR LOCAL IO on THEIR policy"". Can not be said enough times

• Agree 2

13 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

You do not need to file a new TM30 for out of province and international trips. 

Previously it was required.  

In Phuket when you return from an international trip, you need to go through the drive-through window and have the TM30 address registration paper that is in your passport stamped.   Mine has been stamped many times.  They say 24 hours, but I went about 10 days after I returned and no problem.

Last year, when I was doing the annual extension, the clerk told me I had to file a new TM 30 because it was 3 years old.  After I got all the paperwork together, the IO told me it wasn't necessary and just stamped the existing TM 30.   So this year I just brought everything.  A pain, that's for sure.

Edited by LivingNThailand
add information

when I did my new p/p transfers they could easily have unstapled the TM.30 report there (CM IO) and included it in the new P/p but they had me run around to the TM.30 office first (5 minutes only) and they stapled a new TM.30.  Just saying...The previous TM.30 was several years old at that time.  Basic rule is  whatever the current IO checking documents wants, must be done.

I have the same TM30 receipt from moving to my current address 9 years ago.

3 years ago, the IO mentioned it was 'old', but no requirement to complete a new one, he'd just update it on the system.

Edited by Liquorice
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, clearance said:

They (Immigration) asked me to renew my TM30 after 4 years. Just said: Too old, do it again and come back. 

Never heard that before but it would explain a lot

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, clearance said:

They (Immigration) asked me to renew my TM30 after 4 years. Just said: Too old, do it again and come back. 

This year will be interesting, mine is nearly 5 years old but they did visit my home last year

15 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

When you returned last week I presume you entered on a reentry permit.

A TM30 is not required.

Your condo girl is wrong

My immigration office tells me I have to personalky report back every time I return, and Im on NonO multipe entry visa, and living on private property, so we can not report electronically. Just 172km roundtrip

If I arrive Thursday and report in monday, they are ok. 

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, lungbing said:

Tell that to Khon Kaen office.  I haven't left Thailand for 11 years and I think it's five or six since I went out of Khon Kaen province.  Yet last September in order to renew my extension they asked  for  a new  TM30.  Fortunately my wife had her tabien baan with her.

Thanks for this. Probably KK will do same to me next time. Did the IO make you go outside to the photocopy girl and obtain a TM30 form, complete it, get it checked at the desk on the left by the entrance and then queue up again?

I've had the same TM30 slip stapled in my passport since 2017. I've flown outside Thailand three times since then and once internally, and neither Suvarnabhumi nor Don Mueang immigration have questioned it. Hua Hin immigration either when I extend my O/A visa every year or do 90 day reports. Doesn't seem a thing. I have a blue house book but have never been asked to produce it, ever, for anything. I never had an I/O house visit either, I feel ignored. 😅

• Love It 1

19 hours ago, lungbing said:

It is indeed all about the office and the number of times this comes up you would think it was common knowledge.

I have only ever done the one TM30, in 2015 and still in passport. Last October I came back on a new passport and new visa fully expecting to be challenged but when I came to do the extension nothing was said.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, The Fugitive said:

Thanks for this. Probably KK will do same to me next time. Did the IO make you go outside to the photocopy girl and obtain a TM30 form, complete it, get it checked at the desk on the left by the entrance and then queue up again?

Oh yes!

13 hours ago, edwardflory said:

Superior advise.  Check with ""YOUR LOCAL IO on THEIR policy"". Can not be said enough times

But that's their policy on that day and for that officer only.