Chonburi Immigration Office Announces Holiday Closures in May

webfact

screenshot_21608.jpg

Picture courtesy Chonburi Immigration

The Chonburi Immigration Office has released its schedule for the upcoming public holidays in May, detailing its closures for several key dates in the month.

The closure days include May 4th to 6th for the Coronation Day and its substitution day, as well as May 10th to 12th for the Royal Ploughing Ceremony Day and its substitution day. The office will also be closed on May 22nd for Visakha Bucha Day. 

On Visakha Bucha Day, there will also be a ban on alcohol sales and venues selling alcohol such as bars will be closed. Restaurants will also not be permitted to sell alcohol on this day.

However, the immigration office will operate normally on the National Labor Day, which will be observed on May 1st.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-04-27

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Haha 2

April and May alone have the same amount of holidays many countries have in one year.

What is the productivity level of Thai workers?  Just waiting for the next holiday to put on their credit cards.

Stupid.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

May.

From above, there are three business day closures for government offices

Monday 6

Friday 10

Wednesday 22

Many private companies - May 22, some the 1st also. Retail and service, hospitality - none of the above 

The benefits of a public service job.

• Haha 1

Does anyone know how to find actual, official holidays. Before you say google I find it’s wrong many times. I’d also like to know how to find out when the toll roads are free as that is indicative of a holiday more than the calendars you will find online, which are often completely wrong. 

4 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

April and May alone have the same amount of holidays many countries have in one year.

What is the productivity level of Thai workers?  Just waiting for the next holiday to put on their credit cards.

Stupid.

Private companies get 13, (as per the Labour Protection Act) more only at the discretion of individual employers.

Government - nineteen. But lately they've also had 'special' days added eg Friday before Songkran.

My former country NZ now gets 12 - one added and two have been 'Mondayised' since I left. Six of them between Dec 25 and Feb 6 makes for a lot of short weeks.

Edited by gomangosteen

6 hours ago, Robert Paulson said:

Does anyone know how to find actual, official holidays. Before you say google I find it’s wrong many times. I’d also like to know how to find out when the toll roads are free as that is indicative of a holiday more than the calendars you will find online, which are often completely wrong. 

Unfortunately, it's been a long time since T.V. published a Thai-calendar.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Peterphuket said:

Unfortunately, it's been a long time since T.V. published a Thai-calendar.

I need to travel by car and I hate traveling on holidays… as in the days people actually get off work, and I’m telling you it’s impossible to find this info, maybe it’s just me idk. Because the holiday calendar does not line up with the actual holidays. Maybe everyone gets a different day off in different regions?