Tourist Visa - Land/Air Border Run Allowance

Hi, I’m here on a tourist visa and have used my two air entries for the calendar year. My current visa extension expires May 22 but I will be in the country until late June. 

I’m hoping to find a clear answer on the following as I’ve found conflicting information online - 

Am I allowed two land entries in addition two air entries per calendar year? Or is it limited to two entries total, either land or air?

Thanks in advance!

I suppose that for land/air entries you mean visa exempt entry by land and at the airport.

You're allowed two visa exempt entries by land per calendar year.

There's no limit on visa exempt entry by flying.

With a visa exempt entry you'll be given 30 days permission to stay, that you can extend for additional 30 days at Immigration for 1900 baht.

Hope it helps.

3 hours ago, Purple Panda said:

I’m here on a tourist visa and have used my two air entries for the calendar year. My current visa extension expires May 22 but I will be in the country until late June

Need to sort out your history for good advice.

At a guess you entered Thailand visa exempt and obtained 30 day stamp? 

Assume you obtained a 30 day extension.

Exited Thailand and repeated that process.

That would mean almost 4 months ending May 22.

To cover your stay till late June suggest you do a border bounce via land for another visa exempt entry. 

On 4/29/2024 at 6:34 PM, Purple Panda said:

I’m hoping to find a clear answer on the following as I’ve found conflicting information online - 

If you want a clear answer, you will first have to be clear about your visa situation.  Did you obtain a tourist visa in advance before entering Thailand?  Or more likely, you don't have any visa, and you entered visa exempt by air twice?