Aussie bloke, Isaan gal, village wedding, beautiful little boy - visa stuff

Hi,

forgive me if all of this has been covered, and forgive me for being lazy and yet still seeking the precise and best information and direction for this;

Aussie man married to Isaan girl with little boy, village wedding only, boy registered with Thai hospital as me as the father wanting to visit OZ painlessly and also for me to have extended (non tourist) stays in Thailand.

What do I need and which service provider covers the above with the least amount of pain and fees?

Thanks

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RabidRenu said:

Hi,

forgive me if all of this has been covered, and forgive me for being lazy and yet still seeking the precise and best information and direction for this;

Aussie man married to Isaan girl with little boy, village wedding only, boy registered with Thai hospital as me as the father wanting to visit OZ painlessly and also for me to have extended (non tourist) stays in Thailand.

What do I need and which service provider covers the above with the least amount of pain and fees?

Thanks

Sorry, but I don't quite understand your post.

Are you enquiring about getting a visitor visa to Australia for your girlfriend and child?

If so, you will need to provide further information about your relationship.

If you want to go through an agent, I can't help you with that.

Visitor visas are not that hard to do yourself though.

More, for folks well familiar with this scenario, would the fact the little boy has an Aussie passport (there visa to enter Oz not needed) make it any easier:

- For the Thai mother / wife to get a visa to enter Oz?

- Longer term, easier for the Thai lady to get PR and citizenship?

23 hours ago, RabidRenu said:

Hi,

Thanks

The decent thing to do is to get theAustralian citizenship for your boy. Easier than what most people think. Did it with minimal effort for both my girls. Australia doesn't re-register births and marriages, so you need legalised translations. I had to show my passport to prove I was in-country at the time of conception for the first one, nothing for the second as we were legally married. Had my passport not been conclusive they would have asked for a DNA test.

I want to insist on the importance of giving our Thai children nationalities of decent countries. My kids a nice collection now.

• Like 1

As others have pointed out... With you registered as the father on the Birth Cert...    getting him an Australian Passport is just a matter of process...  

Loads of Parents overseas go through this process regularly and the process for you won't be any different.

4 hours ago, scorecard said:

More, for folks well familiar with this scenario, would the fact the little boy has an Aussie passport (there visa to enter Oz not needed) make it any easier:

- For the Thai mother / wife to get a visa to enter Oz?

- Longer term, easier for the Thai lady to get PR and citizenship?

Of course it would help in both cases.

Having a village wedding is purely ceremonial. It has no basis in law as such you are all single persons.

If you get legally married this will be much better for you in the future with regard to visas for everyone.

As mentioned above the processes can be wearisome for those who are not prepared to deal with the multiple documents required.

It's upto you if you want to put in the necessary time and effort.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

In reality they would be readily available documents, and for my son or daughter I would be happy to prepare as many documents as needed.

I've witnesses 2 farang hand over new EU passports to their kids. Kids knew that there was maybe a possibility to get an EU passport same as dad but had been told by their dad 'we have to wait and see and it may take quite a long time'. 

The look of delight on the 2 kids faces when they opened the envelopes was beyond  wonderful.

In both cases the farang fathers told their kids 13 and 14 to read the details very carefully and confirm that the details (spelling etc.) was totally correct. Both times the kids read the details 50 times then confirmed 'all correct'.

In both cases they were instructed to immediately scan all the pages and create a file and send the file, by e.mail, to themselves and to dad and to mum and to grandparents in Europe. Completed within a few minutes.

In one case the mother (the Thai wife) already had a passport from farang husband's EU country), in the other case the son (14) quickly but secretly asked his father 'but what about mum?' It was in fact in process but would take a longer time to fully qualify etc., etc.