Anyone Own British Motorbike ?

joeuk1

Hi, I have a new 2007 Triumph Rocket 3 Which I ordered from Britbike in BKK in Feb and arrived end of June. An awesome bike really happy with it Going on a 6 week round thailand tour and have set up a blog to record the event www.rocketroundthailand.com Heres a photo of the beast. Enjoy :o

post-24982-1185704255_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
Hi, I have a new 2007 Triumph Rocket 3 Which I ordered from Britbike in BKK in Feb and arrived end of June. An awesome bike really happy with it Going on a 6 week round thailand tour and have set up a blog to record the event www.rocketroundthailand.com Heres a photo of the beast. Enjoy :o

Good blog-site Duncan,

but what happened to the blog?

Cheers

Rhodie

Good blog-site Duncan,

but what happened to the blog?

Cheers

Rhodie

Just waiting for it to stop raining so me and mrs H2o can go on our round Thailand ride. Having to settle for blasting around the south where we live. I will post when we set off. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 1972 Norton Commando 750. It's in bits at the mo as I have just started to restore it.

Two weeks ago, it looked like this :o :

Norton005Small.jpg

and in about 6 weeks it will (hopefully) look something like this :D :

BlackNortonSmall.jpg

Cheers,

Pikey

Edited by Pikey

Hi Pikey, that Norton in your pics, isnt it a Thruxton model or similar? with the air cooled clutch basket and those silencers, reminds me of the Thruxton Bonnie,.

Found this website for all who would like to see some british bikes, http://www.ozebook.com/sorgner/sorgner2.htm all from the british bike museum..

PS, Yam XJR 1200 still going well, cheers, Lickey.

Qualtrough, I believe the bike has been in SEA for a couple of years although I am only a recent owner - imported from Alaska originally.

Alex, glad to hear the Yam is providing you with good service! The bike is a 72 Commando with stock pipes but has a Barnett belt drive/dry clutch conversion, hence the air cooled primary. I hope to have it ready for Chiang Mai bike week around the beginning of December - fancy a trip up north???

Cheers,

Pikey.

Hi Pikey, me and family are going to UK for most of October and its about time we explored a bit more of Thailand on the bike, so there is a chance we could come to Chiang Mia in December, will e-mail you after UK trip, cheers Jeff, Lickey.

• 10 months later...

Quite a bit later than originally planned but the "Snortin' Norton of Chiang Mai" is finally back on the road.

Picture001-1.jpg

Picture002-1.jpg

I also bought a Triumph Bonnie when the shop opened in CNX and have tweaked that a bit too - not hard to see where the styling inspiration came from is it? :o

Photo0109.jpg

Photo0110.jpg

BTW, the Norton may be up for sale if the price is right. OIRO 250K baht considered as I need the space. No book, no papers but possible to get a copy of the original US title.

Cheers,

Pikey.