Does Anywhere Sell The Nintendo Wii On Samui?...

I'm getting one from the UK now. My friend is bringing it out in 2 weeks time.

That way if it messes up (like the Xbox360) I can get it back to the UK at some point and use the warranty.

I've been told the Wii and XBox360 aren't covered by warranty out here in Thailand.

That way if it messes up (like the Xbox360) I can get it back to the UK at some point and use the warranty.

I've been told the Wii and XBox360 aren't covered by warranty out here in Thailand.

Cheaper in Bangkok and its modded. Mine was 11000 with 10 games. Wii's failure rate is VERY low.

Cheaper in Bangkok and its modded. Mine was 11000 with 10 games. Wii's failure rate is VERY low.

Hey mlkmnz, where abouts in Bangkok do you get them for that price?... My friend bought one not so long ago at MBK, it cost him 18,000.

I might take a trip up this weekend when I'm not at work. I'm dying to get one, my friend said the Wii is great fun!

Hey mlkmnz, where abouts in Bangkok do you get them for that price?... My friend bought one not so long ago at MBK, it cost him 18,000.

I might take a trip up this weekend when I'm not at work. I'm dying to get one, my friend said the Wii is great fun!

Your friend got the shaft then. ALTHOUGH, mines a Japanese model, so while the games are in english, the startup menu is in Japanese, and your friend could have got a US model (although he should have only paid around 15,000 for it). I got mine in MBK as well, sadly I cant remember the name of the store, think it was on the 5th floor and quite close to one of the escalators and all they sold was Nintendo stuff. Make sure if you go to haggle, as one day the lady offered me 11000, I went off to think about it and when I came back the next day someone else was serving me and wanted 14000.....

Read up on www.metacritic.com too to see what games you think you would like to. They cost 100 baht each but they put 10 in with mine.

Edited by mlkmnz

Thanks for that. I found out this morning my boss is currently in Bangkok, what a stroke of luck. He's going to MBK tomorrow for me. Should be in business by the weekend. Can't wait. Can you recommend any games?

Thanks for that. I found out this morning my boss is currently in Bangkok, what a stroke of luck. He's going to MBK tomorrow for me. Should be in business by the weekend. Can't wait. Can you recommend any games?

To be honest Wii Sports (the game that comes as standard with the Wii) is still my fave, although in this climate you sweat like a bitch playing it. But Rayman Raving Rabbits and Warioware are very good and different, and The Godfather is sorta like a Grand Theft Auto game in a godfather setting. Zelda is rated real high but not my cuppa tea, and games like Call of Duty are easier to control than their XBOX or PS equivalents.

Edited by mlkmnz