Intended departure date for ED visa

I’m not sure if anyone may know this, but should the intended departure date on the ED visa application (for higher education) be within the original 90 days? I put my intended departure date as being next year since my undergraduate program lasts the entire academic year, and I included those program dates in the application for that respective field. However, I'm unsure if I should have listed a departure date within the initial 90-day period the visa is valid for, or the actual intended departure date after extending the Non-Immigrant ED Visa in Thailand.

For some extendable tourist visas, you need to show the intended departure date within the original visa period. Does this also apply to the Non-Immigrant ED Visa for university students?

On 7/5/2024 at 2:57 AM, uninformed_traveler said:

I’m not sure if anyone may know this, but should the intended departure date on the ED visa application (for higher education) be within the original 90 days? I put my intended departure date as being next year since my undergraduate program lasts the entire academic year, and I included those program dates in the application for that respective field. However, I'm unsure if I should have listed a departure date within the initial 90-day period the visa is valid for, or the actual intended departure date after extending the Non-Immigrant ED Visa in Thailand.

For some extendable tourist visas, you need to show the intended departure date within the original visa period. Does this also apply to the Non-Immigrant ED Visa for university students?

The intended departure date should be the date you are leaving. You will have 90 days (or whatever amount of time they grant you ) to enter and stay in Thailand starting from the day your visa is APPROVED. If your departure date is next year, then you should not be applying now. 

Edited by TellTale
Clarity