Very sadly and unexpectedly my wife, the registered bluebook principal occupier, died on 10 July with her cremation on 14 July. 

There is no problem with me staying on but the blue book registration has already been transferred  at the Amphur at Yang Talat to one of her sisters who has always lived with us.

Does this change mean that she must now file a  new TM 30 stating I continue to live here as I have done with my wife since 2015. The last TM30 was done in person when I returned on a new Thai Embassy visa in 2022 after the borders were reopened and ending of quarantine.

I have obtained 2 extensions of stay of 1 year based on retirement from Kalasin IO since then without problems, filing on line the 90 day notices have always been accepted, the next one of those comes up early next month and next extension in early October.

If the sister does need to do this how easy is it to do online, actually by me? She is not the brightest button in the box and we live 30 kms out from the IO so may be online would be easiest. If so, links please, is there an Android app for it these days? I do not have a laptop or desk top here

Many thanks

• Sad 1

On 7/26/2024 at 2:25 PM, Tod Daniels said:

all done thru the main website for the TM30 here
ONLINE TM30

Thank you for your advice Tod. So far you are the only responder.

Out of curiosity I've just followed the link you kindly provided. I've never done that nor paid much attention when my wife did the registration in person at the IO as the whole process was conducted in Thai with her and didn't really concern me. Now I've looked at it in English, isn't it weird? It is predicated on the basis that it is accomodation businesses that need to do this as used to be the case before Immigration decided that all places where foreigners stay including family homes had to be registered even when they have this information from visa and extensions of stay applications AND of course the TM 47 90 days of presence notifications.  For accommodation providing businesses that makes some sense especially with visa exempt or tourist visa visitors moving around staying in different places. And the short time limit rather backs that up I think. But for long stayers living for years at the place they call home?

Still it is not for us to reason why is it? Just ensure compliance which I am aware some foreigners find difficult if the person with the obligation is not co operative and grossly unfair  and discriminatory that they look to the foreign "guest" to pay any fine imposed not the " host" who has the obligation. But we mustn't complain, we won't get the service we need if we were so bold as to do so.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kalasin Jo said:

It is predicated on the basis that it is accomodation businesses that need to do this as used to be the case before Immigration decided that all places where foreigners stay including family homes had to be registered

I recall had to upload an XLS type file (or maybe it was CSV-format) to complete this - as you said, designed for a hotel or similar.  For that file, I remember I had to fiddle with the date-format, to get it to work - but it tells you immediately if it was "ok" or not when you submit it, so easy to fix and re-try.