Are You Proud To Have A Thai Gf?

rixalex

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:o

What makes you think money is not involved even if you are only 20 years old? Try dressing up like a beggar and live in the streets and see what you get in 20 years!

But isn't that the case in every culture? Whether we are in Thailand, UK, US, etc? I don't think any woman would be attracted to a beggar and if you had a poor twin brother and you're driving a Mercedes, I'm sure any woman would pick the guy with the Mercedes, not the poor twin brother who looks exactly like you.

When reading this post, I found myself contemplating why I love my Thai wife so much, and why she is so different from the many women in my past.

I believe it is her faith..and upbringing that have endeared me to her most.She grew up in Isaan, the daughter of a rice farmer.

She had no toys.

She brought cold water to the house from a communal pump in her village.

She crawled through chicken s@#t every morning to get the single egg she was allowed to take to school with her for lunch.

She watched with a child's eyes, her mother weeping openly when asked why they came to repossess the refrigerator.

She worked in the fields enduring scorpion bites, and told to use the other hand to pick..when her bitten hand swelled until useless.

She polished the floors of her shack of a home..by rubbing the husk of a coconut endlessly over the wooden boards.

When finally getting on a bus to Bangkok and searching for a job, she walked five miles every morning and evening rather than borrow the 3 baht needed for the bus...she would wait until she got her first paycheck.

She endured all these things thanking the Lord Buddha daily for her blessings.

My wife appreciates everything. Things I have always taken for granted are now apparent to me. She has opened my eyes to a new world.

Very touching.

There are lots of Thai girls who go through this, and then still marry farang for money and not love.

(I'm not in any way implying that Pumpuiman's wife is one of them. I've never met her and could never make a fair assessment on that. I'm merely stating that there is no "logical or causal link" proving that a girl "went through hardship, therefore she genuinely loves me.")

Edited by junkofdavid2

From time to time there are some fairly bigoted and closed minded posts on this forum.

The original post is one of the worst that i have seen in a while.

I am proud of my Thai wife.

I love her, and have travelled all over the world with her.

She has met all of my family, and is accepted as part of the family.

Do you tell your girlfriend that you do not want to be seen in public with her?

How does she react to this?

How can you say that you are proud of her, but will not be seen walking down the street holding her hand.

I totally agree about most of the comments on this subject.I live South Staffordshire and there is a mobile home park a mile away. There are 5 or 6 beautiful Thai girls living with unemployed middle aged men, So sad ! These guys cannot get an english g/f so they have to go to SE Asia to find one. I was in Chiangmai recently annd met a web friend for real, She is 52, lovely looking and a teacher. She showed me the real Chiangmai for which I am forever grateful. Surely any girl you call your girl friend deserves the right to be treated as one, unless you are so gross she prefers to walk 50 metres behind !

When reading this post, I found myself contemplating why I love my Thai wife so much, and why she is so different from the many women in my past.

I believe it is her faith..and upbringing that have endeared me to her most.She grew up in Isaan, the daughter of a rice farmer.

She had no toys.

She crawled through chicken s@#t every morning to get the single egg she was allowed to take to school with her for lunch.

She watched with a child's eyes, her mother weeping openly when asked why they came to repossess the refrigerator.

She worked in the fields enduring scorpion bites, and told to use the other hand to pick..when her bitten hand swelled until useless.

She polished the floors of her shack of a home..by rubbing the husk of a coconut endlessly over the wooden boards.

When finally getting on a bus to Bangkok and searching for a job, she walked five miles every morning and evening rather than borrow the 3 baht needed for the bus...she would wait until she got her first paycheck.

My wife appreciates everything. Things I have always taken for granted are now apparent to me. She has opened my eyes to a new world.

Very touching.

There are lots of Thai girls who go through this, and then still marry farang for money and not love.

(I'm not in any way implying that Pumpuiman's wife is one of them. I've never met her and could never make a fair assessment on that. I'm merely stating that there is no "logical or causal link" proving that a girl "went through hardship, therefore she genuinely loves me.")

Good point.

In situations like these, it's easy to see the power of attraction on both sides.

Guys like Pumpuiman see these little girls with their button noses and dark skins, hear of the terrible hardship they have endured (in fact just a normal rural Thai life, like millions of other Thais) and can't help from falling head over heels in love. And many cases like this the guy is so lovestruck he ends up doing crazy things and trying to compensate the girl for the years when she had so little.

On the other side of the coin, for the girl, how could she not possibly fall for a guy offering to give her a better life?

Not saying there's anything wrong with a union of this type - if both parties are happy then good for them. But they can't deny the reason that brought them together, and IMHO that reason is less meaningful and pure than what brings two people together from the same social, cultural level, who neither of which stand to gain anything by that relationship.

From time to time there are some fairly bigoted and closed minded posts on this forum.

The original post is one of the worst that i have seen in a while.

I am proud of my Thai wife.

I love her, and have travelled all over the world with her.

She has met all of my family, and is accepted as part of the family.

Do you tell your girlfriend that you do not want to be seen in public with her?

How does she react to this?

How can you say that you are proud of her, but will not be seen walking down the street holding her hand.

Surely any girl you call your girl friend deserves the right to be treated as one, unless you are so gross she prefers to walk 50 metres behind !

Actually she prefers walking in front so she doesn't have to look at my fat arse!

Are you proud to have a Thai gf?

In the UK, to have a smart, attractive girlfriend is an achievement to be proud of. Other people who see you with such a prize automatically give you respect. It means one or all of these things: you have a good personality, you are good-looking, you have money.

What's the reaction when you see a farang guy here with a Thai woman? For me my first thought is sad loser. I know i'm being both terribly unfair and hypocritical, but i just can't seem to stop myself. Why do i think like this?

We all know that acquiring a nice gf here for any half respectable farang guy is like shooting fish in a barrel. Many guys here have clearly pulled way out of their league and had their gf been on a trip to the UK (not including bar girls in this statement) or whatever the country, when they met, what are the chances the girl would have chosen them? No, the sad truth is that for many of us, had we stayed in our country of origin, we would either be sad single men with just our right hand for a weekend date, or we'd be lumbered with some over-weight plain Jane or maybe even worse! By coming here we're cheating the natural dating system which keeps a number 4 with his like equivalent.

A number 4 with a number 8 or 9 is going against nature. What have i got against cheating the system? Well nothing i guess, i've cheated too. Am i proud of that? Not at all. It's why i keep my relationship as low profile as possible. Certainly not shouting about it with pride or walking loved up, hand in hand on the street. I've got nothing to be ashamed of in my gf, indeed i can be proud of her. But proud of myself for wooing such a prize. No.

Very sad indeed. What a contradiction. Maybe if you had the b#lls to live your own life without worry about what others think of you and your GF she might be happier to. Very shallow bro, very shallow....

Are you proud to have a Thai gf?

In the UK, to have a smart, attractive girlfriend is an achievement to be proud of. Other people who see you with such a prize automatically give you respect. It means one or all of these things: you have a good personality, you are good-looking, you have money.

What's the reaction when you see a farang guy here with a Thai woman? For me my first thought is sad loser. I know i'm being both terribly unfair and hypocritical, but i just can't seem to stop myself. Why do i think like this?

We all know that acquiring a nice gf here for any half respectable farang guy is like shooting fish in a barrel. Many guys here have clearly pulled way out of their league and had their gf been on a trip to the UK (not including bar girls in this statement) or whatever the country, when they met, what are the chances the girl would have chosen them? No, the sad truth is that for many of us, had we stayed in our country of origin, we would either be sad single men with just our right hand for a weekend date, or we'd be lumbered with some over-weight plain Jane or maybe even worse! By coming here we're cheating the natural dating system which keeps a number 4 with his like equivalent.

A number 4 with a number 8 or 9 is going against nature. What have i got against cheating the system? Well nothing i guess, i've cheated too. Am i proud of that? Not at all. It's why i keep my relationship as low profile as possible. Certainly not shouting about it with pride or walking loved up, hand in hand on the street. I've got nothing to be ashamed of in my gf, indeed i can be proud of her. But proud of myself for wooing such a prize. No.

Very sad indeed. What a contradiction. Maybe if you had the b#lls to live your own life without worry about what others think of you and your GF she might be happier to. Very shallow bro, very shallow....

Spot on. There are some people with real self-confidence issues posting on this one. Get over yourselves, <deleted>.

proud of your Thai girlfriend or wife, well I dont believe it has anything to do with money or being a sad farrang. Surely it is what both hearts feel and who cares what anyone else thinks if you are happy. Yep, I am happy, she has two grown up children, as I do and she is most definitely a beautifuland 40yr old woman. Money has never been a big issue in over 3years, although it helps all Thai families and especially if they live in Isaan. If we have it we do, if we dont, we dont nut that does not stop us loving each other

.I live South Staffordshire and there is a mobile home park a mile away. There are 5 or 6 beautiful Thai girls living with unemployed middle aged men, So sad ! These guys cannot get an english g/f so they have to go to SE Asia to find one.

Yeah, I bet they're well pissed off. :o

You appear to be envious, when all you have to do is do what these unemployed middle age men have done.

Edited by Creeper

.I live South Staffordshire and there is a mobile home park a mile away. There are 5 or 6 beautiful Thai girls living with unemployed middle aged men, So sad ! These guys cannot get an english g/f so they have to go to SE Asia to find one.

You appear to be envious, when all you have to do is do what these unemployed middle age men have done.

Maybe they didn't go there to find a wife, 'robinandsueuk' .

Maybe it just happened.

Maybe you should get over your contempt for unemployed middle aged men living with beautiful Thai girls.

Maybe ask them.

I think I detect a trace of envy here.

i was proud of my thai g/f.......... up until i came home from work 10 minutes ago only to find the eyebrow treatment she begged me for was/is infact ######ing tattoo's....

ff's looks like a cheap slut from kings cross iam am pissed even moreso considering my baht paid for it.... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

No biggie. All the "nice" girls in my office (for example) have have their eyebrows done at one time or another. Thai ladies' eyebrows are usually quite faint and lack definition. After the initial tattooing swelling goes down, it looks ok. :o

Oh bugg-er dont tell my wife this http://sukanyacondo.com/sukanyauspic.htm she uses the term "hairy monkey" often!!!

Maybe it just happened.

Maybe you should get over your contempt for unemployed middle aged men living with beautiful Thai girls.

Maybe ask them.

I have a beautiful wife who I married 30 years ago. Of course there is no harm in bringing a Thai girl to the UK but when the guy is long term unemployed, how can they give the girl a proper life here ?, My views anyway,

Maybe it just happened.

Maybe ask them.

I have a beautiful wife who I married 30 years ago. Of course there is no harm in bringing a Thai girl to the UK but when the guy is long term unemployed, how can they give the girl a proper life here ?, My views anyway,

Your notion of a proper life or the Thai girl's?

British dole and life in a trailer may look like undreamed of richesse to a girl with very few other alternatives.

Just like the object of your obvious contempt, the unemployed middle aged guy, may be a nice guy who's just another victim of ageism in the job market.

If life in England is anything like life in Germany, you don't have much chance of finding a steady job if you're over 35.

Let's face facts, what Englishwoman in her right mind would take on an aging dolee and why are you surprised that a guy in those circumstances would go seek a woman who will?

I treat my thai wife with the love and respect that she deserves /she is a great wife . I can help her live a lot better life than she grew up with. And from time to time i help her family.

I have a friend in the US who has many bussiness , He 75 live with a 45 year old girl . he can afford her she take care of him . he takes car of her , Both are very happy , I know when he passes on she will be taking very good care of.

So what the difference in LOS . if you can afford to drive a nice new young Sports Car who do it hurt.

Get the point as long as both parties are happy. :o

Quote cantona777: Yeah, when you see a 50 year old falang and 20 year of thai gf your guts start twisting, but then again english man would screw just about anything that moves.................................

Is this not allowed then?

Sorry, I'll behave better next time I'm there.

Anything that moves?

Was that you I saw eyeing that baby elephant on Silom, qwertz? :o

Shame on you! :D

At least there's no chance of screwing the traffic in BKK -- it never moves! :D

Ha bloody ha!

Anyway that little elephant was sweet, she never forgot me.

Edited by qwertz

Has anyone had the patience to read the subsequent 9 pages of this?

Whats a TG? Well depends on where you met her and what her education is like. I mean its like most things; you cant generalize?

Chances are most guys here met the TG in a bar? Thats not a good start, but you never know she might be a angel dressed in devils clothing? There are some genuine people around intermingled with hordes grasping for your money (one way or another).

Personally I think uni students make suitable TGs for foreigners. Pretty sure I dont want to get married again. TG=enjoy it while it lasts and move onto the next one when its worn itself out? :o

Chances are most guys here met the TG in a bar?

Really? I have lived here 14 years and have never dated a bar girl. Nor do any of my farang friends date bar girls. Just seems like an odd thing to do - after all you wouldnt date a hooker in your own country so why do it here (apologies to those who frequently date hookers). Isnt the idea of farangs dating bar girls a sort of cliche from the sex tourist scene - it is hardly a common phenomenom amongst residents....

Chances are most guys here met the TG in a bar?

HOW DARE YOU SUGGEST I MET MY WIFE IN A BAR :o:D

I was walking back from a Bar to my Hotel when I met her. She was whoring from Sukhumvit. "Self employed" is in my book a far higher status than a BG :D

Chances are most guys here met the TG in a bar? Thats not a good start, but you never know she might be a angel dressed in devils clothing? There are some genuine people around intermingled with hordes grasping for your money (one way or another).

In fact from what I read on forums, most Thai wives-g/fs have masters degrees, I am thus assuming that they weren't earned in Nana Plaza. The Thai government is actually desperately expanding their Masters programs as the graduates are all getting smapped up bl##dy farangs. :D

I have lived both here and in farang land with Thai wives and g/fs. In all honesty the stereotype is that you are with a Thai whore. That will either bother you or not depending on your persona. Personally I couldn't care less, think it is more prevalent back home than here though. Used to have a Thai restsurant o/s and as such had many Thai-farang couples through the door. Some husbands were what some like to classify as "losers" I suppose, but most actually were doing quite well.

For whatever it is worth, I am 48 and my g/f 28, both of us coming out of 10 year marriages that didn't work out. Early on in the relationship I heard her talking on the phone with friend about things, she said that she now preferred staying with an older guy as he treated her better and didn't seem to play around. No doubt that is still a part of why we are still together. Sorry to be the odd one out here, but she doesn't have an MBA or speak a word of English. :o

Uni students moonlight at the bar or freelance as do others in the upper echelons of society. I wouldn't stereotype what a tg facade is. Any rate just a profession like anything else. No stigma should be attached. :D

Anyways whats this got to do with being proud of your gf anyways? :o

I have a TG who is 20 yrs younger than me, I am 60 and I am very proud of her and we have been together for 3 years and very happy.

Last night as i was leaving Tesco I saw this beautiful TG about 25 yrs getting out of a newish Mercedes car. I couldn't help but look at her and then when the Guy got out of the car he was about 70 yrs.

At first I thought you dirty bastard, then I thought, hold on she could be a lot older than she looks like a lot of TGs, and if not why shouldn't he have a young female partner.

On the other hand it could have been his nanny/housekeeper who was going to help him with the shopping as his wife is an invalid at home.

Who knows what their circumstances are, but people do tend to believe what they see on the surface rather than what is underneath.

My TG looks about 30 yrs, she is 40 so I suppose people may think the same about me when we are out shopping etc.

If I see them again I will say Hi and try to make a conversation to satisfy my curiosity.

Yes I am a nosey bastard :o

Edited by rtaxron

She had no toys.

I have never met a more brutally honest, caring, hardworking, compassionate woman...and have no doubts about our feelings for each other.

I thank the Lord as well..for having met her.

My wife and I are 4 years apart in age. She is a respected member of my family, and my community.

The OP's comment's are frankly, insulting. Not all Thai women are young bar girls. Most are hardworking women with more guts and fortitude than the OP could muster in a lifetime.

Am I proud of my Thai wife? I would do anything for her. I would die for her.

And if anyone said things like the OP in her presence.....I would defend her honor, with my fist.

Well said, totally agree with you and I would most likely react the same way!

Best wishes.

Nicko

Bravo I agree full hearted. A lot of people who cut down the thai girls have not worked in the rice feilds to get food for the family. if a Bar girl or not, its not important. They try to better themselfs .

Some are bad some are good but I would bet most of them want to eat and take care for their family.I have met some bar girls not girl friends who have good heart if you ge tto know them.

HE who lives in glass houses should not throw stones