Honda Wave 125i Vrs. 125s

The 125 Honda Wave "i" is the fuel injection model , is this any better than standard "S" model?

Anyone have any experience with this model and care to comment?

I have gotten very conflicting opinions from the local motorcycle dealers.

Most say the injection model will save much more gas but is prone to needing more service.

The 125 Honda Wave "i" is the fuel injection model , is this any better than standard "S" model?

Most say the injection model will save much more gas but is prone to needing more service.

I have the 'i'. It's incredibly frugal 50km/l. I have not needed service but it's only 2 ys old, frankly I don't think any Honda would need serious service at that age. Come to think of it the i model was pretty new then, I doubt there are any old i's out there...

I have the 'i'. It's incredibly frugal 50km/l. I have not needed service but it's only 2 ys old, frankly I don't think any Honda would need serious service at that age. Come to think of it the i model was pretty new then, I doubt there are any old i's out there...

Hey I too have a 125 i and also for two years,,,,,,,,if I recall this fuel injected model was pretty new then,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it has been very good to me,,,,,,,,,,,,,I have about 10,000 kilometers now and the only issue is I had to replace a defecive battery,,,,,,,,,,,no big deal.

I just filled up with a tank of gasohol the other day and so far I do not see or feel any difference,,,,,,,,,,,,the folks I see with the 125 carburated models are always having starting problems,,,,,,,,,,,my "i" model fires instantly with the electric starter,,,,,,,,,,every time.

This is a typical well built Honda,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,should run a long time I suspect

I dont have a wave but do have a Yamaha spark. It's fuel injected. FI does not need tuning like carburators. I hear that the jet can be clogged if using dirty gas. And I agree, it starts imediately when cold not needing to rev and warmed up like Nouvos and waves. It too is frugal getting me near 50km per liter if I don't flogg it hard.

It too is frugal getting me near 50km per liter if I don't flogg it hard.

I'm at a total loss to understand why gas consumption would have any bearing on the purchase of a 125 motorcycle. Whether 'heavy' or 'light' on gas, we're taking about a few baht difference at the most. The gas bill for the worst 125 gas-guzzler flogged all day long will hardly dent anyones wallet.

I'm at a total loss to understand why gas consumption would have any bearing on the purchase of a 125 motorcycle. Whether 'heavy' or 'light' on gas, we're taking about a few baht difference at the most. The gas bill for the worst 125 gas-guzzler flogged all day long will hardly dent anyones wallet.

I have a Novuo and it is really horrible on gas , looking to get rid of it just for that reason.

To me it is a pain in the ass to have to fill the tank up every 3 or 4 days.

I have a Novuo and it is really horrible on gas , looking to get rid of it just for that reason.

To me it is a pain in the ass to have to fill the tank up every 3 or 4 days.

You bought a motorcycle that has a tank able to hold about 4 litres of petrol and you complain you have to stop every 3 or 4 days to fill up? I think what you really mean is that your gas tank is too small.

I owned a Wave for 2 years and rode rentals for many more, and the consumption difference is not noticeable at all.

I also have a Wave 125i. It is more frugal on the gas, but, the main advantage is, is that it starts first time in the morning. No need to mess around with a choke. Plus, as it's the top model Wave, you get bragging rights.

I also have a 125i about 3 yrs. old 14000 km although it's better on gas than my girls 100 the big deal is it never fails to start first try. I will buy the same again when it's time to repace it.

regards p.

I have a Honda Wave 100 kick start. Also start allways by the first kick with use of the choke. Drived about 20.000 km in just 2 year. No big problems. Do service myself.

Only need every 1500 new inside tube in the back. It look if i drive trough all spikes on the road. :o

Use about 1:25 so not bad.

• 2 weeks later...

Gas milage is a big deal to most people here. Most of them didn't come from some rich foriegn country or if they did, they can't make the same kinda salary as before. I don't worry about fuel consumption but all my thai friends are always first to ask about fuel milage with cars and new motor bikes. A "few baht difference" is a lot to Thais or Farangs with Thai jobs.

Gas milage is a big deal to most people here. Most of them didn't come from some rich foriegn country or if they did, they can't make the same kinda salary as before. I don't worry about fuel consumption but all my thai friends are always first to ask about fuel milage with cars and new motor bikes. A "few baht difference" is a lot to Thais or Farangs with Thai jobs.

i,ve got a 125 wave ,petrol consumption very good ,but if you leave it a week without using it ,its hard to start ,been told many are like this ,never had a problem with the 125 dream ,starts almost 1st time after a week........