Tourist Shot By Off Duty Cop? (did It Happen?)

DirkGently

I want to start by saying I have no idea if this is true or happened at all, but a Thai friend, who is in the know, is convinced it happened.

The story goes like this. A tourist got into some kind of dispute with either an undercover cop or an off duty one. The cop ALLEGEDLY shot him. My friend also stated that at least one other person was injured. All this was supposed to have happend outside of the Molly bar on Kao San road a month or so ago.

Now, I have heard nothing of this. I'm just curious if it happened.

Once again, I HAVE NO IDEA IF THIS IS TRUE OR NOT. So, don't panic Mr Mannering.

if it happened than most probably the use of gun was justified - that's why it wasn't widely reported in the mass media. Although it's not a common to use a gun by cops, it happens in self-defense or if the suspect tries to run/escape.

LONDONTHAI, you are joking, aren't you?

English couple murdered by Thai cop when he came too flirty with the girl.

Singers arm chopped off by Thai cop for turning down his advances.

Four people shot dead by Thai cop in Chang Mai for insulting his rank.

Teenager shot in the back by Thai cop as her boyfriend rode away.

Thai police are terrible.

Mind you, if you are Thai you have no doubt practiced self delusion all your life. Yes, Thailand is as big as America and all the problems in Thailand are the fault of nasty white folk.

Dirk, weren't all those incidents reported, however?

So, regardless of whether or not you have anything resembling truth, you've already tried and judged every single policeman in this country.

What a pointless thread. You've heard a rumor and seem to have already blown it up in your head.

Thai police are terrible.

Mind you, if you are Thai you have no doubt practiced self delusion all your life. Yes, Thailand is as big as America and all the problems in Thailand are the fault of nasty white folk.

I beg to differ, SBK. I have blown nothing up, the point being that a person I know and trust assured me something that I would have heard of happened and I wanted to ask if there was any truth in the matter. Judging by the lack of response it seems to be clearly a mistake on the part of my friend.

So it would appear to be a false report.

The part of the post you quoted was my response to something I disagreed with. This being a forum and all.

And I think I made it very clear in my OP that it may not be true. I think you will agree

Edited by DirkGently

Another possibility is that there may have been a shooting, but not resulting in death or serious injury and thus it was either not reported in the press or underreported.

Or maybe it was a busy news days.

Or maybe....