Los Angeles Thai Embassy Issues Non-imm O Multi Entry Marriage

Well, I just returned from the Los Angeles Thai Embassy. Went there with my Thai wife, whom I married here in the US two weeks ago in California. I am too young to retire and do not have a large income or bank account.

Filled out the application, a $150 USPS Money Order, copies of my passport, her passport and Thai ID, notorized copy of our California Marriage License, copy of her home deed in Bangkok and a hand-written letter from her stating that we were still married. Went to window #2, he looked at the documents and stamped the sheet for my Non-Imm Muliple Entry O. Done deal.

NO financials.

NO income verification

NO worries

I returned the next day and they gave me my passport back with the visa in it.

I now debunk anyone that says this is hard to get. I didn't even dress up, as someone suggested. Jeans and a nice shirt. No cologne! Ha!

In my understanding it's not the original visa that's hard to get, it's the extension of the visa once you're in Thailand. That's when you have to provide evidence of income, etc. But if you're happy doing border runs & think you can go back & get the same visa every year or so then I guess you're ok.