Homesick

Neeranam

Homesick - only for Chaiyaphum when we're not there. Sure, Parramatta has pretty much everything materialistic we'd want, but I don't think either of us are particularly happy here.

But you know what I do miss about Thailand Tinkerbell? The beautiful food that you can get so cheaply compared to NYC. I don't miss the service in restaurants, though.

Hi kat,

IMHO I feel the food prices in average Thai restaurnts in NY are very closed to the prices on the menus in restaurants in BKK. But one good thing about BKK that you have a choice to eat cheap ( som-tom at the food vender costs 25baht, but in a little nice place, the same dish, it sets you back 85-140 baht).

I was on the other topic. But I'm going to bring this up since I knew that you'd lived in TL, so you know what I'm talking about. The whole coconut in 5 stars hotel charged 160baht each, :o while in local maket (ta-lard-sod) costed 2 for 15 baht. :D

I wonder why so many people can call Thailand home when they are only on a temporary visa?

I've been living here for almost a decade but still see myself as merely visiting.

Home is somewhere you belong. We don't belong in Thailand, the Thais make that perfectly clear, whatever we'd like to believe or however we feel.

Agreed, but I hope to "visit" till I go on to the next life! :o

I wonder why so many people can call Thailand home when they are only on a temporary visa?

I've been living here for almost a decade but still see myself as merely visiting.

Home is somewhere you belong. We don't belong in Thailand, the Thais make that perfectly clear, whatever we'd like to believe or however we feel.

Must you turn every topic into another facsimile of the same discussion we have over and over again on Thaivisa ad vomitum?

(wait, don't answer that. :o )

And I don't agree with you definition of 'home'. You say 'home is where you belogn' but then in a legal/government sense. That's your prerogative.

Personally I'd also say 'home is where you belong', but it's where you FEEL you belong, and just as importantly, where people (friends, loved ones, hookers :D ) make you feel you belong.

You're an expat in Bangkok; I'm not that surprised you feel the way you feel. Give it another decade.

Edited by Sanpatong