Bringing A Car To Thailand

sezzo

I am presently back in Oz for about 12 months and have bought a cheap small car to run around while Im here. This small car would be perfect for my wife to learn to drive and to use back home in thailand when I get back. Apart from the intial transport costs from Oz to Thailand what should I expect from the relevant govt departments when it reaches Thailand ie. import duties, taxes, other relevant or irrelevant costs.

Any advice is appreciated.

Expect a heap load of trouble and great expense. There are loads of cheap small cars to get the wife here in LOS without going to the trouble of shipping and import taxes to worry about. Wait till you are back and look about where you are living. Save yourself a LOT of troble. You know it makes sense :o

Since I put that post on the forum I have rung around a few shipping business's to get prices. The cost of just the shipping is much more than the car is worth, so therefore I will not worry about going through the hassles. It was just an idea I had while I had nothing better to do at work.

Thanks