3 Foreign Airlines Establish New Travel Routes Into Thailand

Jai Dee

3 foreign airlines establish new travel routes in Thailand

The Director General of the Civil Aviation Department reports that his agency has authorized 3 foreign airlines to establish new travel routes in Thailand.

Mr. Chaisak Angsuwan (ชัยศักดิ์ อังค์สุวรรณ) revealed that his agency recently authorized 3 airlines to open new air routes into Thailand, including Vladivostok Air from Russia, Air Bagan from Myanmar, and Jet Airways from India.

Vladivostok Air will be operating 3 flights per week along the Russia-Korea-Bangkok route. Air Bagan will be operating 7 flights per week along the Yangon-Bangkok-Yangon route. Jet Airways will be operating 14 flights per week along the New Delhi-Bangkok-New Delhi route.

The Director General of the Department of Civil Aviation expressed his confidence that the establishment of new travel routes during the low season indicates that foreign travels remain interested in visiting Thailand.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 14 August 2007

Quality airlines!!!!!

Mind you head when you go out for a walk ...

it's not world famous, but jet airways is one of the best short haul carrier in an out of india that i have flown in this region ...... :o

One of the best isn't saying much. I flew Indian Air (a short haul carrier in India in 1999) and they had statues of Vishnu for winglets. I never expected to feel terra firma again. OK seriously, it was a dodgy takeoff that should have been aborted. If Jet airways is only one of the best...

Quality airlines!!!!!

it's not world famous, but jet airways is one of the best short haul carrier in an out of india that i have flown in this region ...... :o

Yes, they're good, but I've only flown them domestically in India. However, Kingfisher is absolutely the best in India, and maybe regionally. A Personal representative checks you in with a handheld PDA, and issues your boarding pass on the spot as they take you and your luggage through security. In flight entertainment is fantastic as well as every seatback has personal TV, and many channels. New planes etc..

Anyway, back to Jet, they're pretty good, not great, and they're not a budget airline.

Quality airlines!!!!!

it's not world famous, but jet airways is one of the best short haul carrier in an out of india that i have flown in this region ...... :D

One of the best isn't saying much. I flew Indian Air (a short haul carrier in India in 1999) and they had statues of Vishnu for winglets. I never expected to feel terra firma again. OK seriously, it was a dodgy takeoff that should have been aborted. If Jet airways is only one of the best...

....but you cant discount their whole aviation industry on the basis of one experience nearly a decade ago.... :D chinthee is right, kingfisher in and out of india is absolutely the best, but jet airways is not far behind - every seat's with individual ife screens, wines and foods are way better than most international airlines and service personnel are efficient. :o

3 foreign airlines establish new travel routes in Thailand

The Director General of the Civil Aviation Department reports that his agency has authorized 3 foreign airlines to establish new travel routes in Thailand.

Vladivostok Air will be operating 3 flights per week along the Russia-Korea-Bangkok route. Air Bagan will be operating 7 flights per week along the Yangon-Bangkok-Yangon route. Jet Airways will be operating 14 flights per week along the New Delhi-Bangkok-New Delhi route.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I believe that the Air Bagan and Jet Airways flights have been operating for quite a while now. This article makes it sound as if the routes have yet to be started.

How weird to say 'along the Russia-Korea-Bangkok route'. Why can't they be more specific and say Vladivostok-Seoul-Bangkok? Russia is a bloody huge country...

PS: Jet Airways is launching several flights from India to the USA via Brussels, using brand-new Boeing 777-300ERs.

Jet Airways has been operating BKK to Delhi and Calcutta since early this year.

They are a first-class operation, with good food and good service in the air and on the ground, even calling the day before to advise a short delay in the flight.

Edited by taxout

They are a first-class operation, with good food and good service in the air and on the ground, even calling the day before to advise a short delay in the flight.

you are right - i visit india twice a month and used to fly tg (for lack of alternatives) before jet came into the picture :D tg's service is not a scratch on jet and prices are lower too! :o

you are right - i visit india twice a month and used to fly tg (for lack of alternatives) before jet came into the picture :D tg's service is not a scratch on jet and prices are lower too! :o

Yeah, I've flown Jet a lot (In India only) maybe 6-7 times. However, if you live in Bangkok, it can be a hassle buying tickets. I tried many times to buy online and often the credit card companies won't allow the transactions due to evidently a lot of credit card fraud in India. So, I went down to the local BKK office on Sathorn to buy my ticket in cash. No problem. But guess what? I then ended up using only part of a multiple trip ticket. So, upon return to BKK, I visited the office for a refund of the unused parts. I was told it would be 6 WEEKS to get a refund!! Remember I paid in cash. 6 Weeks and that was 3 months ago. This reminds me I need to call them again.

So, maybe they'll iron out this problem, because after that, I swore off flying them again.

Yeah, I've flown Jet a lot (In India only) maybe 6-7 times. However, if you live in Bangkok, it can be a hassle buying tickets. I tried many times to buy online and often the credit card companies won't allow the transactions due to evidently a lot of credit card fraud in India. So, I went down to the local BKK office on Sathorn to buy my ticket in cash. No problem. But guess what? I then ended up using only part of a multiple trip ticket. So, upon return to BKK, I visited the office for a refund of the unused parts. I was told it would be 6 WEEKS to get a refund!! Remember I paid in cash. 6 Weeks and that was 3 months ago. This reminds me I need to call them again.

So, maybe they'll iron out this problem, because after that, I swore off flying them again.

refunds on almost any airline irrespective of whether you paid by cash or credit cards take between 4 - 12 weeks. :D