Us Embassy In Pattaya Monthly

I am about to renew my retirement visa and at my 90 day report, the immigraqtion offficer told me to het my income letter here in Pattaya, when the US Embassy visits and also told me to bring a letter from my local Thai bank that I have at least 10,000 baht in it.I was wondering how I get a schedule of when the US Embassy comes here and where they will be located

I am about to renew my retirement visa and at my 90 day report, the immigraqtion offficer told me to het my income letter here in Pattaya, when the US Embassy visits and also told me to bring a letter from my local Thai bank that I have at least 10,000 baht in it.I was wondering how I get a schedule of when the US Embassy comes here and where they will be located

Best to check the embassy website but I don't think they come here anywhere as often as monthly. Would be nice to have a consulate here!

Edited by Jingthing

Which reminds me have not received any email since April this year - wonder if they still in business? Or if a spam filter is eating them?

The last three were these and I don't believe I received any of them either.

Friday, May 11, 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM in the Hilton Arcadia in on Karon Beach in Phuket

Friday, May 25, 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM in the Dusit Resort on Beach Road in Pattaya

Friday, June 8, 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM in the Charoensri Grand Royal hotel in Udon Thani.

Those three were sent on 4/24 and is the last email listed on Embassy website - although I received another on 4/25 about a web chat. Since then they seem to have gone into hibernation.

Hi guys. The head of ACS (Ted Coley) at US Consular section Bkk has transferred over to the VISA section now. He (and the heads of ACS before him) is mainly the one who was sending out the emails to us Wardens and people on the ACS list. I don't know who has taken over his place yet, or if anyone has, but that very well could be the reason we aren't hearing much in emails from ACS lately? If I hear anything, I'll let you know.

Somebody must be reading the forum - US Embassy just sent out below (which is obviously late notice) of visits to Udorn and Khon Kaen.

Monday, August 20, 3:00 PM to 5:30 PM in Udon Thani at the Charoensri Grand Royal Hotel. Please look for signs in the hotel lobby pointing to the location of the outreach.

Tuesday, August 21, 3:00 PM to 5:30 PM in Khon Kaen at Khon Kaen University in Meeting Room 1, Building 1, 1st Floor, of Central Library in Khon Kaen University.

Somebody must be reading the forum - US Embassy just sent out below (which is obviously late notice) of visits to Udorn and Khon Kaen.
Monday, August 20, 3:00 PM to 5:30 PM in Udon Thani at the Charoensri Grand Royal Hotel. Please look for signs in the hotel lobby pointing to the location of the outreach.

Tuesday, August 21, 3:00 PM to 5:30 PM in Khon Kaen at Khon Kaen University in Meeting Room 1, Building 1, 1st Floor, of Central Library in Khon Kaen University.

Do you know if they give the income paper for the retirement visa renewal at these outreach visits.According to the Embassy website they don't offer this service....immigration told me they do, but he probably doesn't know

I am in Bangkok so have no first hand knowledge but they list notarial service and that is what the income paper is so I would expect it to be available.

They also say visits will soon be made to Pattaya and Phuket but dates not fixed yet.

Notarial Services and Certified Copies ($30.00 or Baht 1140)
If you have any questions, please e-mail: [email protected] or call the American Citizen Services Unit at: 02-205-4049.

Lopburi beat me to it, but I will include the complete consular outreach info below. One thing to take note of; it says you will "be able to meet and greet the Consul General at these outreaches". Now that is out of the norm!

For Ericg: They have always notarized these income affidavits in the past. I am pretty sure they come under the "Notarial Service" section of the consulate outreach services. Make sure you take the right amount of dollars or baht with you.

For Here for Good: Not necessarily exactly true my friend. They have been doing this service since Alice Moore was the Consul General and they schedule visits when they have the operating funds available to do so and personnel who can be spared to go to the outlying provinces to provide the services and their worklead permits. They do TRY to visit at around 6 month periods though. At least that is what all the Consul General's since Alice Moore have told us and every ACS chief also.

Please note that more info will be forthcoming on their Pattaya and Phuket visits.

Dear Udon Thani and Khon Kaen Area American Citizens,

The Consular Section of the American Embassy in Bangkok is pleased to inform you of three upcoming Embassy consular visits to Udon Thani and Khon Kaen. Please mark your calendars!

The Consul General and consular staff will be available to provide consular services at the following dates and locations:

There will also be an opportunity to meet and greet the Consul General at these outreaches.

We also plan to visit Pattaya and Phuket in the coming weeks. We will send a separate message as soon as the dates are set.

The following consular services will be available during our outreach visits:

Passport renewal applications ($67.00 or Baht 2546 for adult passports, and $82 or Baht 3116 for a child’s passport)

Absentee ballot application and voting abroad information

Social security, VA or other federal benefits question will be limited, but we will try to provide forms and answers

(Please bring exact change!)

NOTE: Unfortunately, a recent upgrade to the ACS systems software requires additional processing for applications for extra visa pages. As a result, we will no longer be able to complete processing of extra visa pages during our outreach trips. We can accept applications, but the passports will have to be brought back to the Embassy for final processing the next day. The passports will then have to be picked up in person (or by a friend upon presentation of a letter of authorization signed by the applicant) at the Embassy. We regret any inconvenience caused by this change in procedure, and we are still working on gaining authorization to begin mailing passports back to applicants.

Additionally, Consular Reports of Birth cannot be processed during consular outreach trips.

If you have any questions, please e-mail: [email protected] or call the American Citizen Services Unit at: 02-205-4049.

We look forward to seeing you in Udon Thani on August 20th or Khon Kaen on August 21st. We will let everyone know as soon as the dates and locations of the Pattaya and Phuket outreaches have been confirmed.

Sincerely,

American Citizen Services

U.S. Embassy

Bangkok, Thailand

Edited by jeepholt

Lopburi beat me to it, but I will include the complete consular outreach info below. One thing to take note of; it says you will "be able to meet and greet the Consul General at these outreaches". Now that is out of the norm!

For Ericg: They have always notarized these income affidavits in the past. I am pretty sure they come under the "Notarial Service" section of the consulate outreach services. Make sure you take the right amount of dollars or baht with you.

For Here for Good: Not necessarily exactly true my friend. They have been doing this service since Alice Moore was the Consul General and they schedule visits when they have the operating funds available to do so and personnel who can be spared to go to the outlying provinces to provide the services and their worklead permits. They do TRY to visit at around 6 month periods though. At least that is what all the Consul General's since Alice Moore have told us and every ACS chief also.

Please note that more info will be forthcoming on their Pattaya and Phuket visits.

Dear Udon Thani and Khon Kaen Area American Citizens,

The Consular Section of the American Embassy in Bangkok is pleased to inform you of three upcoming Embassy consular visits to Udon Thani and Khon Kaen. Please mark your calendars!

The Consul General and consular staff will be available to provide consular services at the following dates and locations:

There will also be an opportunity to meet and greet the Consul General at these outreaches.

We also plan to visit Pattaya and Phuket in the coming weeks. We will send a separate message as soon as the dates are set.

The following consular services will be available during our outreach visits:

Passport renewal applications ($67.00 or Baht 2546 for adult passports, and $82 or Baht 3116 for a child’s passport)

Absentee ballot application and voting abroad information

Social security, VA or other federal benefits question will be limited, but we will try to provide forms and answers

(Please bring exact change!)

NOTE: Unfortunately, a recent upgrade to the ACS systems software requires additional processing for applications for extra visa pages. As a result, we will no longer be able to complete processing of extra visa pages during our outreach trips. We can accept applications, but the passports will have to be brought back to the Embassy for final processing the next day. The passports will then have to be picked up in person (or by a friend upon presentation of a letter of authorization signed by the applicant) at the Embassy. We regret any inconvenience caused by this change in procedure, and we are still working on gaining authorization to begin mailing passports back to applicants.

Additionally, Consular Reports of Birth cannot be processed during consular outreach trips.

We look forward to seeing you in Udon Thani on August 20th or Khon Kaen on August 21st. We will let everyone know as soon as the dates and locations of the Pattaya and Phuket outreaches have been confirmed.

Sincerely,

American Citizen Services

U.S. Embassy

Bangkok, Thailand

They have been coming to pattaya twice a year for the last 2 years I have lived here not sure about how they decide

Do you know if they give the income paper for the retirement visa renewal at these outreach visits.According to the Embassy website they don't offer this service....immigration told me they do, but he probably doesn't know

I wrote them about this and ACS's reply was:

"You can just fill out our standard income affidavit, which will be

available at the outreach trip to Pattaya. The fee is $30.00 (in U.S.

dollars or Thai Baht)."