Health Insurance

Rob1

I'm paying 36,900 tomorrow, to Bupa, for a Platinum 1M plan. 1 yr premium, a renewal, and I'll get back 10% for no claims in past year. 55 yrs. old., in good health with no pre-existing conditions.

Truth is, I have older friends here who have no insurance; they figure they can pay out of pocket for whatever.

Others, much younger than I, with wife/family etc. pay more than me for NZI or AIG that is western-level in coverage.

Shop it, figure out the risk/reward ratio, do a cost/benefit analysis. If I just lost you there, then just pay the premium, and don't worry about it... :o

McG

@mcgriffith

I'm also considering of effect a health-insurance here. But what is disturbing me is the fact, that you have pay the full year at once. Is there any way of monthly payments?

I suppose before you signed the contract, you did a lot of research. Comparing price and what you get for it. Is Bupa in your opinion the best solution? I'm in your age bracket and won't take too many risks. The more older you get, the higher is the chance of getting seriously ill.

I am now with Bupa and paying over 30,000Bt year for Medical Insurance

Would be nice if there were some cheaper companys doing the smae standard or better

any comments :o

Yeah it would seem to be difficult to get good clear comparisons between the insurance companies.

A website that I found useful was E Insure Thailand

If you email them, tell them your your name, month and year of birth, gender, & level of insurance wanted they will send you a spreadsheet with comparisons between the companies to look at. Well worth the effort.