Parrot Cages

princealbert

It's best not to put birds in cages. You enjoy it but they really do not.

My parrots cage doors are always open apart from when we go out, which saves me having to replace any wood furniture we have.

If i wanted tips on parrot care i would have asked for them :o

Teach your parrots not to eat your wood? :o

Or leave them in a dedicated Parrot Room for the day, which only non-digestible furniture? Then add a TV and tune it to Animal Planet?

Anyway, you could check at the pet section at Kham Thiang market. Failing that, get any metal cage and take it to a welding shop to haver some more bars added. (Horizontally, of course)

There is nowhere in CM that stocks decent parrot cages. The only real possibility is in Chatuchak Weekend Market in Bangkok. Otherwise you need to either import or take plans to a metal worker. My cages were imported with household effects when I moved here permanently.

My parrots cage doors are always open apart from when we go out, which saves me having to replace any wood furniture we have.

If i wanted tips on parrot care i would have asked for them :D

Look on the web , you can get flatpack cages in all shapes and sizes, from reputable dealers in butterworth , KL, even Singapore, I realise you know everything about parrot care, but as a retired zoo curator and experienced and Recognised macaw and Cockatoo breeder, furniture munching is a sign of poor diet and sometimes boredom , give your birds young palmfronds or fresh softbark branches to munch on then they will leave your furniture alone :o Nignoy

If i wanted tips on parrot care i would have asked for them :D

Look on the web , you can get flatpack cages in all shapes and sizes, from reputable dealers in butterworth , KL, even Singapore, I realise you know everything about parrot care, but as a retired zoo curator and experienced and Recognised macaw and Cockatoo breeder, furniture munching is a sign of poor diet and sometimes boredom , give your birds young palmfronds or fresh softbark branches to munch on then they will leave your furniture alone :o Nignoy

Many thanks p1p for that perhaps a visit to Bangkok weekend after next is in order.

Nignoy i didnt anywhere say that i knew everything about parrot care or that it HAD munched any furniture it hasnt yet, the parrot in question has a full and very varied diet and has lots of fresh branches it destroys almost daily, i am suprised you imply otherwise without knowing me or the parrot, this is probably one of the most pampered parrots in Thailand! I was merely pointing out to sendbaht that i was requesting information on where to purchase a better quality cage not where to get tips on parrot care :D

Edited by princealbert

I am looking for a good quality parrot cage locally.

Something similar to this

If you can't find a cage, i've heard another way of torturing a bird is clipping its wings and keeping it in a bin liner with some holes in it for oxygen to get through. Other than that, you can pull the legs off spiders.

I am looking for a good quality parrot cage locally.

Something similar to this

If you can't find a cage, i've heard another way of torturing a bird is clipping its wings and keeping it in a bin liner with some holes in it for oxygen to get through. Other than that, you can pull the legs off spiders.

post-31110-1187756898_thumb.jpg

Austhaied - have you noticed this thread?

Be afraid, be very afraid . . . !

I saw that topic and was surprised that Austhaied had replied - as soon as I saw the items my initial thought was oh oh this is a real worry but also Hmmmm no where near enough lime :D

Aus - don't answer the door to anyone wearing an ice hockey mask and holding a chainsaw :o

CB

For sure you should be caged and muzzled IDIOT :o

Austhaied - have you noticed this thread?

Be afraid, be very afraid . . . !

I saw that topic and was surprised that Austhaied had replied - as soon as I saw the items my initial thought was oh oh this is a real worry but also Hmmmm no where near enough lime :D

Aus - don't answer the door to anyone wearing an ice hockey mask and holding a chainsaw :o

CB

He is more than welcome to bring the shovel over to my place..I'll make the ***t swallow it why i sit and watch (enjoying a beer lao). :D

post-31110-1187776764_thumb.jpg Shakin in my steelcapped boots Michael.. :D