How Do You Take Care Of Your Baby?

Bluecat

One of my Thai colleagues just got a baby.

The first one.

His wife has a job and the parents live 1000 kms south of Bangkok.

His wife does not want to stop working.

Same for him.

They do not trust the maid.

They do not want the baby to live with the parents and not seeing it every for a few weeks in a row.

What should they do?

Did somebody face the same problem before?

Because I did not and have no solution,...

The only option I see is a full-time nanny. But hiring such a person would be a daunting task. Choosing a person to raise your child must be quite difficult.

I don't think Thai nurseries accept infant children though it may be worth looking into.

How about moving the perants, or some auntie, relitive, up to BKK ?

Good idea.

They thought about it.

The mother of the father is with them.

For quite some time already.

And the wife is getting fed up with her.

She does not know how to take care of babies.

Too old fashioned.

She asked her mother to come.

She came.

Surprise, the father found her too old fashioned,...

One of my Thai colleagues just got a baby

Did they know the baby would arrive? Or was it a surprise visit?

Slightly late to think of solving the problem, isn't it?

How to solve the problem?

Well, I wouldn't trust the maid too, too un-educated probably

And the grand parents, too old, too old-fashioned, wouldn't have them to take care of a kid too.

Solution, take care of the kid (yourself) - themselves - you want a kid, take care of it - I did single-handedly - everyday - for many years.

Why do you think day care centers flourish in the US?? Day care SUCKS, in general.

If the jobs allow it one solution is for one parent to work days and the other nights. Then someone is always home with the baby.

A neighbor who loves kids and will watch just yours along with hers (for a fee less than day care charges) is the next best thing to Mom being home, if you have such a neighbor.

College students will sometimes do child care in exchange for room and board, and maybe a very small fee.

Alternatively, fire the maid and hire a nanny instead. And do the housework themselves.

In the US the costs of a wife working in a 2-parent family -child care, auto, auto insurance and maintenance, clothing, lunches, etc.- are so high that more and more women are doing the math and deciding to stay home. Very little of their "take-home" pay goes to improve the family standard of living, unless the woman is a well-paid professional. I'd like to see more of that.

When you bring a child into this world it is a responsibility shared by both parents and equaly loved by both parents is someone missing the point here sacrifizes have to be made for the welfare of the child even if that means changing the circumstances o the parents we do not get a instruction book when they arrive we find a new love a new meaning to life itself.

OUR CHILDREN ARE OUR FUTURE.

If two people have a baby, its their sole responsibility to raise that child. Do not entrust the baby to be raised by other people for your own selfish reasons. The baby should be forming a bond with the parents and not a stranger. Even if a relative is there to help out somewhat, the main rearing of the child should be done by the parents. If this is not possible, do not have baby. Sacrifice is the main word here.

Finally, it seems they will go for the solution:

Mother of the mother moves to their home for a few months.

Mother of the father moves out.

Mother asked for extending her leave.

By the way, thanks 12call, I transmitted the web site address to him.