Toyota Vigo (hilux)

An expat friend is looking to order a new Toyota VIGO on his next visit, presumably the 4 door twin cab version (diesel) for cash.

I wont have the opportunity to visit a Toyota agent for a few days so can anyone tell me if there is a waiting list?

thanks

Would not think so, as there so crap, they only sell because there Toyota…..

You even have to buy the bumper as ‘extras’

My next door neighbour has a new one, says his 12yr old Ford was a much better ride…

A few I know that have them, ALL say there top heavy, to soft. cornering is very bad, brakes hopless

You even have to buy the bumper as 'extras'

My next door neighbour has a new one, says his 12yr old Ford was a much better ride…

A few I know that have them, ALL say there top heavy, to soft. cornering is very bad, brakes hopless

maybe ignis can reply to my question, comparision between vigo and chevy colorado.

Myself own a Honda car, my partner has Company New Isuzu every year, which I often drive [5 different ones so far], I have driven a Vigo twice, the Isuzu is far better to drive.

The Chevy Colorado, I think looks better, but it is a Isuzu with add-ons, but does not hold the value as much as the plain looking Isuzu

Not driven.. but told the ‘New’ Mazda/Ford, is a better buy… Guese it is up to the buyer what he/she likes

It's a pick-up, not a sports car. Seems to me too many young guys buy pick-ups because they are different and have 'street cred' in their own countries, then complain when it doesnt handle like a saloon or front-wheel drive compact.

What do you mean by 'top heavy' and 'to (sic) soft'? It has a solid rear axle with leaf springs. How can you expect it to corner as well as a vehicle with independent suspension all round?

You make statements but they are all based on other peoples comments, not your own.

The question was 'Is there a waiting list'

The only valid part of your response is 'Would not think so' but it is unqualified.

Go back to your Honda.

i have to agree with peter,

it is a picku not a car, defently not a honda,

i had a 1985 toyota FJ Landcruiser 2.4turbo diesel, and it wa sthe greatest, i like toyotas myself,

but i have seen many use colorados and now rethinking the vigo.

i have to admit i like the colorado looks much better, but need more details about comparison not magazine reviews.

i have to agree with peter,

it is a picku not a car, defently not a honda,

i had a 1985 toyota FJ Landcruiser 2.4turbo diesel, and it wa sthe greatest, i like toyotas myself,

but i have seen many use colorados and now rethinking the vigo.

i have to admit i like the colorado looks much better, but need more details about comparison not magazine reviews.

Hi

I had the Chevy, gear change not good(auto), same goes for Isuzu, go for Toyota, take a test drive and you will never look back, or i will give you a new car (if you can find me)

Why is it then that they solidly outsell Isuzu? After ten years of total Isuzu dominance in a pickup market?

There must be something good about Vigos. Apart from motor critics voting them the best pickups for several years now.

>>>>

There must be some sort of a waiting period depending on location and the dealer. I guess anywhere between two weeks and two months.

The new Mazda BT-50 with Zoom-Zoom power – fun to drive and beyond present limitations. A powerful sports pickup truck that fulfils both your work and leisure needs. A really fun-to-drive experience

the new Mazda BT-50 5-Speed Auto sport pickup combines the power of a high performance engine with the smoothness of a passenger car-like drive thanks to its 5-speed electronically controlled automatic transmission.

Thanks to this perfect match between its Power Common Rail engine delivering a class leading torque of up to 380 Nm and its 5-speed state-of-the-art electronically controlled automatic transmission, the Mazda BT-50 5 speed auto is truly the ultimate sport pickup offering both “Zoom-Zoom” driving pleasure and convenience.

It should therefore appeal to both those who use a pickup truck much like a passenger car as well as those who require tough, reliable commercial truck performance but still desire the smoothness of an elaborate transmission for a more enjoyable driving experience.

On par with its advanced automatic transmission and car-like ride characteristics, the refinement of the cabin interior with its sporty design console, 6 CDs-MP3 player, double airbags and side airbags is almost enough to make you forget that the Mazda BT-50 is a pickup truck.

Isuzu

2.5-litre diesel engine (4JA1-L)The 4JA1-L 2.5-litre direct injection engine, which has earned a reputation for excellent fuel efficiency and uncompromising durability

With advanced technologies such as the common-rail engine and catalytic converter, the New D-MAX delivers 19% (for the 4x4) and 26% (for the 4x2)* better fuel efficiency, more robust power plus less noise and COtxt_2.gif emission, in any driving condition. This is attributed to its 136ps and a maximum of 280Nm** at 1,200 to 3,400 rpm at a flat torque, making your drive much easier and more pleasurable.

When I purchased mine just under two years ago , there was a waiting list for certain colours . ( Red , blue and black from memory )

I guess it depends on how big the dealership is as to what they keep in stock .

As for the brakes being soft , I just put that down to ABS . They saved me from an almost certain rear end to another car by being able to swerve while under full brakes .

Mine was purchased through Nonthambury Toyota , on Onnut rd about 2klms up from Sukhumvit .

Extras included were , Tray liner , Chrome exhaust tip , floor mats , weather shields , stone deflector , steering wheel lock , spare tyre lock , side and rear windows tinted .

I am very happy with the car , and see no better value for money on the market in Thailand at present .

From the deposit to driving away in the car took about 4 days .

When I purchased mine just under two years ago , there was a waiting list for certain colours . ( Red , blue and black from memory )

I guess it depends on how big the dealership is as to what they keep in stock .

As for the brakes being soft , I just put that down to ABS . They saved me from an almost certain rear end to another car by being able to swerve while under full brakes .

Mine was purchased through Nonthambury Toyota , on Onnut rd about 2klms up from Sukhumvit .

Extras included were , Tray liner , Chrome exhaust tip , floor mats , weather shields , stone deflector , steering wheel lock , spare tyre lock , side and rear windows tinted .

I am very happy with the car , and see no better value for money on the market in Thailand at present .

From the deposit to driving away in the car took about 4 days .

Thanks. A number of replies have strayed from the original question. The Prachuap Toyota agent has at least 180 Vigos in their stockyard, all colours and specs so they must be selling fast as confirmed by the numbers I see on the road. I shall check with my local agent next time I pass.

Me, I drive a gasoline Fortuner, one of the originals and regard it as one of the best cars I have owned. Sure it's not perfect but what car is?

So what you are saying is, that your neighbour's 12 Year old Ford Pick up was a better ride than a 2007 Toyota Vigo Pick up, according to him, why on earth did he buy a Vigo then, didn't he test drive before buying?

He sounds almost as crazy as his next door neighbour. :o

Hired a 4 door Toyota last year for a week and found it nice to drive, haven't tried the Ford, Nissan Mitsubishi, or Isuzu yet but will before I decide what to buy when I move to Thailand. Here in the UK I drive a diesel Mondeo, so will buy a diesel for sure, what I don't understand is why there isn't more of a choice of diesel cars in Thailand and why do so many cars only come with automatic transmission?

An expat friend is looking to order a new Toyota VIGO on his next visit, presumably the 4 door twin cab version (diesel) for cash.

I wont have the opportunity to visit a Toyota agent for a few days so can anyone tell me if there is a waiting list?

thanks

No there is no waititng list , just take your money with you and you can usually pick it up next day.

have just brought new one myself. he will need past port visa details copys and a certificate of address where he is living in thailand.he can get one of these from thai immigration or from his embassy.

I've just ordered one of these trucks - they told me 3 weeks. I wanted a white 4 door 3L but was told they no longer sell the white model!!!. anyone sugest what extras I should get with this car, I want it looking really nice.

Hired a 4 door Toyota last year for a week and found it nice to drive, haven't tried the Ford, Nissan Mitsubishi, or Isuzu yet but will before I decide what to buy when I move to Thailand. Here in the UK I drive a diesel Mondeo, so will buy a diesel for sure, what I don't understand is why there isn't more of a choice of diesel cars in Thailand and why do so many cars only come with automatic transmission?

Most Cars here come with Manual, just few people buy them, even in the UK I mainly bought Automatic.

There are a few Diesel cars here but most are the bigger cars