Global Correction

strap in, for those who did not sell on the bounces, get ready to bend over.............

all markets will be affected........the stupid deserve to be separared form their money

U.S. Stock Futures Tumble on Concern Lehman to File Bankruptcy

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...&refer=home

I agree bingobongo,

I suppose in the end the taxpayer will be forced to pay for another bailout.

profits are privatized; losses are socialized.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lehman goes bankrupt at midnight or at 1:00am at the lastest......

futures look nasty, strap in folks................

Dec 2008ChangeLevelLast Update† 1.gif

S&P 500- 36.60 1221.909/14 9:16pm Fair Value1252.939/14

NASDAQ -36.75 1742.759/14 8:58pm Fair Value1776.709/14

1.gifDow Jones -296.00 11155.009/14 9:16pm

Edited by bingobongo

strap in, for those who did not sell on the bounces, get ready to bend over.............

all markets will be affected........the stupid deserve to be separared form their money

Am I correct in assuming you live in the US BB? If so your taxes will pay for Freddie and Fannie and Lehman, so who is stupid?

Am I correct in assuming you live in the US BB? If so your taxes will pay for Freddie and Fannie and Lehman, so who is stupid?

i made money shorting them both, so i'm not as stupid as you want to believe, im short all the i-banks too, so go back to the beach and your non productive/non value added existence

come on BeenThereDoneNothing, stick to the topic, you are the one who lives in a 3rd world country that is on the verge of political/economic/social collapse in a shack on the beach running from his failures in the west , if you dont think LOS will be affected by this you truly are as dim as i suspected

Edited by bingobongo

i made money shorting them both, so i'm not as stupid as you want to believe, im short all the i-banks too, so go back to the beach and your now productive existence

come on BeenThereDoneNothing, stick to the topic, you are the one who lives in a 3rd world country that is on the verge of political/economic/social collapse in a shack on the beach running from his failures in the west

Hey BB here I thought the topic was "the stupid deserve to be seperated from their money" at least that is what you were writting about. You should be so lucky as to live in the shack I live in. And running on the beach is nice. No failures to hide from. Your doom and gloom about LOS bothers me not at all..

Just ow far can the US government go on bailing out institutions and

allocating more more funds to be available to the banks?

We have now had Bear Stern, Freedie and Fanny, Federal money for

what seems like an endless string of natural disasters

in the USA, and what seems to be an assurance every week

to the financial markets that the government will underwrite liquidity in the markets..............

So where is all the money going to come from to do all this

and can they really afford to keep doing this ?

What about the monthly cost of the war in Iraq and Afghanistan................. is anyone keeping

a budget because surely they can just keep going on indefinitely making money available ?

to the financial markets that the government will underwrite liquidity in the markets..............

What about the monthly cost of the war in Iraq and Afghanistan................. is anyone keeping

a budget because surely they can just keep going on indefinitely making money available ?

From This Site

IRAQ + AFGHANISTAN

Per Month - $12.3 billion

Per Week - $2.9 billion

Per Day - $410 million

Per Hour - $17 million

Per Minute - $284,722

Per Second - $4,745

Where does it all come from eh?

From This Site

IRAQ + AFGHANISTAN

Per Week - $2.9 billion

Per Day - $410 million

Per Hour - $17 million

Per Minute - $284,722

Per Second - $4,745

Sounds as though we have similar concerns in more than one area :o These figures are unbelievable :D

the most delicious part BeenThere is that Hong Kong and Japan were closed on Monday......better hold onto your som tham

World markets tumble on Lehman news World stock markets tumble on Lehman bankruptcy filing, Merrill takeover

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articl...c135e5d0c57.htm

Bonkers you really, really have no idea do you. In the UK LCH were put on high alert by the FSA last week (the numbers they deal with exceed telephone numbers by orders of magnitude) , their function is to deal exactly with this. Interestingly ICE were due today to take over certain clearing activities which included Lehmans. The FSA put a stop to that, and refused to allow a non proven clearing house to deal with this issue until further notice. Lots of pressure on LCH and the FSA.

Yeh the US government much like with Global Crossing and the energy company for some boring reason I think Enron, doesn't finance this bunch anymore, and allows them to fail - oddly energy is still available and so is communications.

You really, really need to get a grip. Allow those who know what to do run around like headless chickens - unfortunatly they have their own bonkers contingent though :o

Edited by pkrv

First of all Fannie and Freddie were already backed by the U.S. government, as far as Bear goes that was an entirely different animal and was not just the government giving Bear free money, it was a very involved situation and in the long run the U.S. tax payer could wind up making out very nicely on that one! Lehman, AIG and any others are on their own just as they should be. Lehman had an opportunity to be bought out as did AIG, but the arrogance of top management put them in this situation. As far as the Dollar goes, it was trading at $1.44/Euro in Asia last night and today after all this doomsday news and market turmoil it is trading at $1.42/Euro, so it would seem that most of the worlds currency traders do not share your negative view of things as far as the U.S. goes :o Counterparty risks to Lehman seem to be deep in European banks and so this event today could very well be the straw that broke the camels back in many E.U. countries, it will be interesting to see how much further European (and Asian) markets fall tomorrow. Since you seem so politically astute, I am sure you know that this whole real estate bubble can be traced back to Slick Willie (yes Mr. smoke and mirrors himself the man who made the .com debacle possible) and the democratic congress in the early 1990's when they pushed through legislation that encouraged (more like forced) high risk loans to the low income demographic and forced Freddie and Fannie to back them.

First of all Fannie and Freddie were already backed by the U.S. government, as far as Bear goes that was an entirely different animal and was not just the government giving Bear free money, it was a very involved situation and in the long run the U.S. tax payer could wind up making out very nicely on that one! Lehman, AIG and any others are on their own just as they should be. Lehman had an opportunity to be bought out as did AIG, but the arrogance of top management put them in this situation. As far as the Dollar goes, it was trading at $1.44/Euro in Asia last night and today after all this doomsday news and market turmoil it is trading at $1.42/Euro, so it would seem that most of the worlds currency traders do not share your negative view of things as far as the U.S. goes :o Counterparty risks to Lehman seem to be deep in European banks and so this event today could very well be the straw that broke the camels back in many E.U. countries, it will be interesting to see how much further European (and Asian) markets fall tomorrow. Since you seem so politically astute, I am sure you know that this whole real estate bubble can be traced back to Slick Willie (yes Mr. smoke and mirrors himself the man who made the .com debacle possible) and the democratic congress in the early 1990's when they pushed through legislation that encouraged (more like forced) high risk loans to the low income demographic and forced Freddie and Fannie to back them.

VegasVic,

Good to have you back. You and only a few others here are the only ones have a grasp on reality, unlike BeenNowhereDoneNothing

you make good points, just wanted to add to expect scared money to flow into safe havens such as gold and precious metals, however the problem with the US Dollar as a safe haven is the risks associated by a potential stream of bailouts, but as the worlds other economies continue to crumble the US Dollar will be seen as a relative safe haven of sorts, hence the $ not tanking as expected.

Sounds as though we have similar concerns in more than one area :D These figures are unbelievable :D

Yes Midas & I bet we are not alone :D

I look at the problems here & elsewhere & wonder how can we waste money like that. At times I wonder how this Democracy works????

I have met not one person who has said........"Yeah I'm glad we are there kicking butt & helping them install democracy"

Everyone I speak too say the same thing from the start of it all............Why are we there??

Some say..........Ah right 9/11 we are fighting terrorism but that started as a chase down Bin Laden ( which we never did ) & turned into get Sadam which we did but???

Hmmmmmm :o

VegasVic,

Good to have you back. You and only a few others here are the only ones have a grasp on reality, unlike BeenNowhereDoneNothing

you make good points, just wanted to add to expect scared money to flow into safe havens such as gold and precious metals, however the problem with the US Dollar as a safe haven is the risks associated by a potential stream of bailouts, but as the worlds other economies continue to crumble the US Dollar will be seen as a relative safe haven of sorts, hence the $ not tanking as expected.

The 2 last of the Mohicans, defending their Dollar and bankrupt country overflowed by debts....and in fact owned by foreigners like Arabs, Japanese, Chinese, Germans, Brits and many more........ :o

post-13995-1221504779_thumb.jpg Bingo & Viccy :D

LaoPo

VegasVic,

The 2 last of the Mohicans, defending their Dollar and bankrupt country overflowed by debts....and in fact owned by foreigners like Arabs, Japanese, Chinese, Germans, Brits and many more........ :o

LaoPo

come on laopo fengshui and fortune tellers are not going to help Asia avoid the pain.........

Anxious Lehman Staff in Asia Await Reckoning

http://www.cnbc.com/id/26711904

From This Site

IRAQ + AFGHANISTAN

Per Week - $2.9 billion

Per Day - $410 million

Per Hour - $17 million

Per Minute - $284,722

Per Second - $4,745

Taxpayers - current & future.

I AM FINE WITH FIGHTING BOTH WARS.

So you can't say that any more.

Taxpayers - current & future.

I AM FINE WITH FIGHTING BOTH WARS.

So you can't say that any more.

:o:D:D:D

Ok I have you marked down.............+1

Now I will always say I know of one guy who is ok with his money going there :D:(:D

Just kidding dotcom to each his own.

come on laopo fengshui and fortune tellers are not going to help Asia avoid the pain.........

Oh, I absolutely agree with you Bingo; no escape possible. If America farts the world suffers; no doubt about that.

Sorry for those people who lost their job whether in Asia or America, UK or mainland Europe.

But......the US should have a long look in the mirror who and where the disaster started....

But the pic was nice, wasn't it ? :D

SERIOUS THOUGH:

Lehman Brothers lost -99,65% in 1 year; down from some $ 65,00 to a mere $ 0,21 cents. Whilst the past 5 days showed a downfall from $ 9,30 to $ 0,21 cents... :D

Now, if you and especially your collegue VegasViccy tell me nothing is wrong in the USA, what would you guys consider real trouble ? :o

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

New York just closed....................."Stocks fall most since 9/11...."...*** :D

Dow 10,917.51 -504.48 (-4.42%)

Nasdaq 2,179.91 -81.36 (-3.60%)

S&P 500 1,192.69 -59.01 (-4.71%)

Sleep well, dream soft. :o

*** U.S. Stocks Drop, S&P 500 Sinks Most Since 2001 Terror Attacks

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...&refer=news

LaoPo

uh oh LaoPo, looks like China is starting to choke on all that $ denominated debt they purchased to keep rates artifically low........so as the $ goes, so does China.........maybe your forturne teller can enlighten you

so even if the $ disintegrates, asia will still feel the pain, i suggest aneconomics class would do you some good

China cuts lending rates in surprise move

:o twin moves designed to help shore up confidence in its stock and real estate markets. :D

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/chin...684A4B09C8A0%7D

Edited by bingobongo

uh oh LaoPo, looks like China is starting to choke on all that $ denominated debt they purchased to keep rates artifically low........so as the $ goes, so does China.........maybe your forturne teller can enlighten you

so even if the $ disintegrates, asia will still feel the pain, i suggest aneconomics class would do you some good

China cuts lending rates in surprise move

:o twin moves designed to help shore up confidence in its stock and real estate markets. :D

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/chin...684A4B09C8A0%7D

1. I agree once more; no fights about that and I agreed already with your views since they're old, almost antique views...remember, Chinese antiques are a lot older than american ones... :D

2. And, about China cutting lending rates; old news as well as I had that info last week already and the cut was expected since weeks.

If you need advice, just let me know, OK? I might be able to advice a good fortune teller............:D

LaoPo

VegasVic,

LaoPo

Fengshui and fortune tellers :D , now that is entertaining (especially since it has some truth to it)!

Oh, I absolutely agree with you Bingo; no escape possible. If America farts the world suffers; no doubt about that.

Sorry for those people who lost their job whether in Asia or America, UK or mainland Europe.

But......the US should have a long look in the mirror who and where the disaster started....

But the pic was nice, wasn't it ? :D

SERIOUS THOUGH:

Lehman Brothers lost -99,65% in 1 year; down from some $ 65,00 to a mere $ 0,21 cents. Whilst the past 5 days showed a downfall from $ 9,30 to $ 0,21 cents... :D

Now, if you and especially your collegue VegasViccy tell me nothing is wrong in the USA, what would you guys consider real trouble ? :o

LaoPo

I'm not sure when BB and I became collegues, but I could certainly do a lot worse LP :( Bingo has had this whole thing nailed from way back! BTW I have no interest in Lehman nor do I think it concerns most people outside of Wall Street, now if Goldman goes belly up then that will get my attention. Yes the virus did have its origin in the U.S. and because of that the U.S. will be the first to recover. European and Asian economies have a tsunami coming their way :D Bingo and I do differ in that I say sell gold and buy Dollars and I think he has it the other way around. I hope you didn't get hurt too badly in the Chinese equity colapse, and I certainly hope that you liquidated all that stuff bevause there more dark days to come on the SSE :D

Sounds as though we have similar concerns in more than one area :D These figures are unbelievable :D

Yes Midas & I bet we are not alone :(

I look at the problems here & elsewhere & wonder how can we waste money like that. At times I wonder how this Democracy works????

But even worse what about John McCain and his 100 years more projected occupation .................? :D

I have met not one person who has said........"Yeah I'm glad we are there kicking butt & helping them install democracy"

Everyone I speak too say the same thing from the start of it all............Why are we there??

The US Army is now relying heavily on " Stop Loss " but a WARNING folks - the troops are getting sick and tired - the morale

is rock bottom and what will happen if they start to rebel .....................?

Some say..........Ah right 9/11 we are fighting terrorism but that started as a chase down Bin Laden ( which we never did ) & turned into get Sadam which we did but???

The same people who actually believe that this war was about anything other than OIL are the ones who voted

to give George W. Bush a second term in office. So as an Australian the citizens of the USA got the government

they deserve............. :D

Hmmmmmm :o

"But even worse what about John McCain and his 100 years more projected occupation .................?"

It's even worse than that. McCain commented that he's willing to stay in Iraq for 10,000 years. If McCain means the "US", I'm against it. If he means that he's going to move to Iraq, I'm all for it.

First of all Fannie and Freddie were already backed by the U.S. government, as far as Bear goes that was an entirely different animal and was not just the government giving Bear free money, it was a very involved situation and in the long run the U.S. tax payer could wind up making out very nicely on that one! Lehman, AIG and any others are on their own just as they should be. Lehman had an opportunity to be bought out as did AIG, but the arrogance of top management put them in this situation. As far as the Dollar goes, it was trading at $1.44/Euro in Asia last night and today after all this doomsday news and market turmoil it is trading at $1.42/Euro, so it would seem that most of the worlds currency traders do not share your negative view of things as far as the U.S. goes :D Counterparty risks to Lehman seem to be deep in European banks and so this event today could very well be the straw that broke the camels back in many E.U. countries, it will be interesting to see how much further European (and Asian) markets fall tomorrow. Since you seem so politically astute, I am sure you know that this whole real estate bubble can be traced back to Slick Willie (yes Mr. smoke and mirrors himself the man who made the .com debacle possible) and the democratic congress in the early 1990's when they pushed through legislation that encouraged (more like forced) high risk loans to the low income demographic and forced Freddie and Fannie to back them.

Vegas Vick it serves little purpose to blame " Slick Willie " or anyone - you cannot answer the question can you ..........? :o

" where is all the money going to come from in the USA to keep the markets " liquid ",to save the likes of Ford and GM

and to keep fighting the war for another 100 years "

And if you think my friend there is an end in sight or this war can be won with a military or by capturing Bin Laden- just ask yourself

how many more teenage Bin Ladens there must now be with their sights on the West ?