Running Shoes In Size 13 (us) 48 (eur)

mild7even

This has been covered in the threads a few times, but was looking for any updated/more accurate info.

I am looking for proper running shoes in size 13 (US), 48 (EUR).

By proper, I mean a "stability" shoe for "normal" feet. I'm putting up to 25 miles a week on my shoes now, and definitely want proper shoes so as to avoid injury.

For sports shoes in larger sizes, the threads seem to show that " the nike shop opposite the entrance to the emporium", Super Sport World at Central, and maybe the Emporium are the best bets.

Any updated info on these places, or perhaps somebody "in the same shoes" who has found a place?

Thanks...

Edited by mild7even

If you can read (or have a friend that can) Mandarin, Taobao.com has all the shoes you could ever find anywhere. They are made in China and shipped to Russia and the U.S. (the big sizes) by all the proper brands. As an example, I pay 760 RMB (about 100 US) for THREE pair of Merrell including shipping; I'd pay that much and more for ONE pair in the States.

They do ship anywhere in the world.

Maybe it'll help.

Yok

Okay, just returned from BKK and was successful in finding the shoes.

First... visited the Nike outlet in the Fenix Tower near Sukhumvit Soi 31, on the other side of the road from the Emporium. Found some size 13 Air Pegasus running shoes, compatible with Nike + (the wireless sensor that goes in the shoe and links up with the iPod Nano). The salesman didn't know anything about "stability" shoes, or anything about arch type. Before purchasing, I wanted to see some other options.

The Puma and Adidas stores in the same building laughed when I asked for size 13.

Then visited the sports section at the Emporium and talked to a salesman near the Adidas section. A search in the computer revealed that the only size 13 running shoes they had were Asics, and someone went to get them... it took around 10 minutes, and they finally showed up. Indeed, they were size 13 and would have fit the bill, except they were 5,900 baht. I passed. Talked to the salesman at the Nike section and they had no size 13 shoes at all, much less compatible with Nike +.

I checked on the internet about the Air Pegasus shoes and confirmed that they were good to go for people with normal arches, so returned to the Nike store and bought a pair (3,900 baht) and the Nike + set up (1,450 baht).

Didn't check the other likely candidates (MBK or Central), but it appears that it is possible to find size 13 shoes at at least two locations in BKK.

Mission accomplished...

Edited by mild7even

Actually there is a adidas shop in the central world which makes adidas running shoes of any size.

The pair costs around 6500 Baht.

The service is really good and they measure your feets in downpressure and size.

A computer sents the data to a manufacturer in China and in four weeks time you get your handmade runners.

As you already got yours it's just for the next time!!