Looking To Build Just South Of Mukdahan,any Contacts Please

ttl

HAVE 7 RAI WITH HOME THAT NEEDS RENOVATING,OR MAYBE REBUILD,PARTICULAR INTERESTED IN PRESSURE WATER TANKS, ELECTRICS,INSULATION,AVAILABILITY OF INTERNET SERVICES ETC ETC

HAVE 7 RAI WITH HOME THAT NEEDS RENOVATING,OR MAYBE REBUILD,PARTICULAR INTERESTED IN PRESSURE WATER TANKS, ELECTRICS,INSULATION,AVAILABILITY OF INTERNET SERVICES ETC ETC

Is the house in a village? If so check to see if phone lines are available. If they are then internet should be no problem. If not then you will have to go with a wireless system (satellite or CDMA using mobile phone network).

Does the house have water supply from the street? If so, then a storage tank with pump and possibly a filter is usually the norm. If no water from the street then you will need a well.

Need more info but would guess electrics will need a complete change.

Insulation will depend on current structure layout and building material i.e. concrete structure or wood.

If you have photo of existing house please post or PM me so a better idea can be had as to remodel or rebuild.

Is the house in a village? If so check to see if phone lines are available. If they are then internet should be no problem. If not then you will have to go with a wireless system (satellite or CDMA using mobile phone network).

Does the house have water supply from the street? If so, then a storage tank with pump and possibly a filter is usually the norm. If no water from the street then you will need a well.

Insulation will depend on current structure layout and building material i.e. concrete structure or wood.

If you have photo of existing house please post or PM me so a better idea can be had as to remodel or rebuild.

THANKS JIMMY, Will be on site first week in September to suss things out better.

Property has road frontage onto 4 lane highway 212, power is on but not phone. I am told phone transmissions very poor ,particularly for internet service..

Water is available at the road,but not connected. I come from New Zealand and the out of town water is usually collected from the roof spouting(which Thai roofs do not seem to have) ..held in say 5000 litre tanks and pressurised with an electric pump. Is this a NO No in Thailand???

Will post a photo in the near future. Steel roof,concrete walls,absolute minimum bathroom and kitchen.

cheers Vince

THANKS JIMMY, Will be on site first week in September to suss things out better.

Property has road frontage onto 4 lane highway 212, power is on but not phone. I am told phone transmissions very poor ,particularly for internet service..

Water is available at the road,but not connected. I come from New Zealand and the out of town water is usually collected from the roof spouting(which Thai roofs do not seem to have) ..held in say 5000 litre tanks and pressurised with an electric pump. Is this a NO No in Thailand???

Will post a photo in the near future. Steel roof,concrete walls,absolute minimum bathroom and kitchen.

cheers Vince

Most Thai houses collect water the same way but normally into an above ground cistern. Use of electric pump is common. This is fine in rainy season but in the dry season, you will have to get water from road if available if not then maybe a well. As you say, once you get here you can sort it all.

Send me a PM before you arrive and I will give you my phone number.

Edited by roietjimmy

You can always get a water bore drilled. I got a 100 mm bore drilled down to 35 m for about 14000 baht. 7000 baht for a pump and there is plenty of pressure there for the house. The water quality is excellant for washing, cooking etc. We also have 8 1600 tanks as well but we still buy the 20 litre bottles of water for drinking.

You can always get a water bore drilled. I got a 100 mm bore drilled down to 35 m for about 14000 baht. 7000 baht for a pump and there is plenty of pressure there for the house. The water quality is excellant for washing, cooking etc. We also have 8 1600 tanks as well but we still buy the 20 litre bottles of water for drinking.

THANKS FOR THE INFO ON WATER

THIS IS OUR SIMPLE HOUSE. FROM FRONT TO REAR. FRONT PORCH, FIRST TWO WINDOWS DOWN SIDE ARE LARGE LIVING ROOM, NEXT A BED ROOM AND 4TH WINDOW IS KITCHEN

SORRY I AM STRUGGLING TO LEARN HOW TO NEGOTIATE THE FORUM BUT I WILL GET THERE IN TIME THANKSpost-13886-1187854724_thumb.jpgpost-13886-1187854724_thumb.jpg