Win Xp & "word" In Thai Language

Snapshot

Go to CONTROL PANEL----REGIONAL AND LANGUAGE OPTIONS----LANGUAGES tab------DETAILS tab------KEY SETTING-----highlight on SWITCH BETWEEN INPUT LANGUAGES and click CHANGE KEY SEQUENCE-----and now select GRAVE ACCENT.That's it.

You may also need to ensure that Thai language support has been installed:

1. Open the Control Panel.

2. Open the Regional and Language Options control panel.

3. Go to the Languages tab.

4. Make sure the "Install files for complex script and right-to-left languages (including Thai)" checkbox is marked as checked.

5. If it is not marked as checked, check it and then click "OK." You may be prompted to insert the Windows XP installation CD.

Chuck

Thank you both of you for the information.

I will try it again later today, however, I don't have the CD, so I'll probably find another solution until my technical expertise returns.

Late last night I also tried, but couldn't reach the last "Grave Accent" - it didn't show up, must have done something wrong. Each other step was fine but that one.

Thanks again anyway.... cheers for the help.

In order for the grave accent to work, a few things have to be done. First, like above, the support for "complex script" has to be enabled. Second, in regional and language options, advanced, the non-unicode language has to be "Thai". The settings have to be saved or applied. Then, you have the choice of using grave accent (which should now be default).