Hotel In Vientiane?

Will be going to Vientiane shortly for a TV run. Can anyone recomend a hotel with AC and cable tv under 20$, and rough directions to it. Thanks :o
Yes indeed! :D

I can highly recommend the:

Mali Namphu Guesthouse

114 Pang Kham Road

Vientiane

Tel: +856 21 215-093

Email: [email protected]

FWIW I spent a few days there last week and the cost was US$16 (฿550) per night, which included breakfast.

If interested, I recommend you email them first to enquire about availability and request a ground floor room in their courtyard complex. This guesthouse is located pretty much in the heart of what's happening in Vientiane and is only a short walk (approximately 300-meters) from the Mekong River...where there are loads of great eateries and watering holes.

Postscript: A return tuk-tuk ride to and from the Thai Visa Office should cost you no more than ฿100, which includes the cost of the driver waiting for you whether you're in line for 10-minutes or 3-hours! Don't be hustled into paying ฿250 as ฿100 is more than adequate.

Edited by marginline

I went ther recently and at the consulate I offered 40 baht to go to the Meekong area. So off we go and a a quick walkabout took me to a guesthouse 30 meteres from the river, very quiet, french style(high ceilings, tall doors) a/c, Satellite TV and B'fast for 380 Baht.

When you've had a belly full of beer, what more do you need other than seperate beds after the action :o

Mine was called Phornthip