Squash Anyone?

cbm

Anyone in bangkok up for regular (once or twice a week) squash? Reasonable level, I was a county player at university, but that was 20 years ago! Now unfit and fat, but trying to get back into it! I have a court here at my condo so no problem getting on the court. Evenings after 7pm would be best.

I'd be a taker (I need to move back to BKK first though...) :o

Having played badminton on a regional level in Scandinavia and squash recreationally I do feel it's an excellent sport trying to stay/get back in shape.

I'll give you a holler once I'm there...

/// DFW

my condo so no problem getting on the court. Evenings after 7pm would be best.

Where is your condo?

What is the charge for renting/using the court?

In some places you need to be a member of the sports center and pay high monthly fees

I love to play, need the exercise

Is there any hospital nearby?

I will probably get a heart attack if I start playing after 25 years of not doing much sport. :D

Playing time from 7.00 PM to 7.15 PM will be fine :o

• 1 month later...
Anyone in bangkok up for regular (once or twice a week) squash? Reasonable level, I was a county player at university, but that was 20 years ago! Now unfit and fat, but trying to get back into it! I have a court here at my condo so no problem getting on the court. Evenings after 7pm would be best.

As the usrname might suggest , yes Im definetly up 4 a game. Im probably in the same boat as u. The skills r still there but the weels dont works as well as they used to. Please email

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I was going to start a new thread but I'll just piggy back here. I was wondering how popular/available racquetball is in LOS. I don't know if my body will be able to take it by the time I retire, but I play five days a week now.

I was going to start a new thread but I'll just piggy back here.  I was wondering how popular/available racquetball is in LOS.  I don't know if my body will be able to take it by the time I retire, but I play five days a week now.

It's not very popular here at all. Actually its played very little outside of the USA. Your best bet is to find another american here who has a racket or siwtch to squash.

I was going to start a new thread but I'll just piggy back here.  I was wondering how popular/available racquetball is in LOS.  I don't know if my body will be able to take it by the time I retire, but I play five days a week now.

It's not very popular here at all. Actually its played very little outside of the USA. Your best bet is to find another american here who has a racket or siwtch to squash.

Thanks. We have one squash court where I play (on a military base) but it's being used for storage!

BTW, I think racquetball is fairly common in Canada as well so I guess we can label it a North American phenomenom.

• 2 months later...

To continue in the same thread:

Also looking for a regular squash game in Bangkok. Flexible on the time though daytime is preferable.

I am am member of the Soi Klang Raquet club on Sukhumvit 49 (just up from Samitivej Hospital, closest BTS Phrom Phong or Thong Lo) that has 2 courts. Guest fee is 250 bt which I would split just for the fun of playing.

• 2 months later...

Just moved to BKK and am keen to start playing squash here, used to play a reasonable amount when I lived in HK but not to a high standard, difficult to know how good I am but I think I would have been HK division 14 or 15 if I had played in the league and would have maybe been a bit higher if I was fitter.

I'm currently living very near Chitlom Skytrain so am happy to play anywhere near a skytrain station in the evenings.

Wanderer_99 - did you get any interest in your post, I'm happy to pay the 250bt, is your raquet club near the skytrain?

• 3 weeks later...

yes very interested in playing ...used to play regular up to 3 yerar ago and although reasonably fit would love to get back to playing again,,,am currently in bkk........maybe some sort of league with all these reponses.......be pleased to help set up !!!!

• 4 weeks later...
Just moved to BKK and am keen to start playing squash here, used to play a reasonable amount when I lived in HK but not to a high standard, difficult to know how good I am but I think I would have been HK division 14 or 15 if I had played in the league and would have maybe been a bit higher if I was fitter.

I'm currently living very near Chitlom Skytrain so am happy to play anywhere near a skytrain station in the evenings.

Wanderer_99 - did you get any interest in your post, I'm happy to pay the 250bt, is your raquet club near the skytrain?

I sent you a PM but am not sure it went through so here is the info again: The Soi Klang Raquet club is on the corner of Sukhumvit 49 and Soi Prom Sri 1 which connects Suk. 49 and Suk. 39 about 1km up Suk. 39.

It is about a 10-15 minute walk up Suk. 39 from the Phrom Phong Skytrain Station. Also there is a Tuk-Tuk stop at the corner of Suk. 39 by the Skytrain.

If interested in a game, send me an email: [email protected] or give a call: 09-072-6977.

The Soi Klang Raquet club is on the corner of Sukhumvit 49 and Soi Prom Sri 1 which connects Suk. 49 and Suk. 39 about 1km up Suk. 39. 

It is about a 10-15 minute walk up Suk. 39 from the Phrom Phong Skytrain Station.  Also there is a Tuk-Tuk stop at the corner of Suk. 39 by the Skytrain.

If interested in a game, send me an email: [email protected] or give a call:  09-072-6977.

Anyone played a game yet? :o

I'll be in and out of Bangkok between the 1st and 16th of October. Wouldn't mind a hit if anyone is keen. The Soi Klang Racquet club is fairly convenient for me.

Same deal, 15 years no play, used to be good yada yada yada. :D

• 2 weeks later...
The Soi Klang Raquet club is on the corner of Sukhumvit 49 and Soi Prom Sri 1 which connects Suk. 49 and Suk. 39 about 1km up Suk. 39. 

It is about a 10-15 minute walk up Suk. 39 from the Phrom Phong Skytrain Station.  Also there is a Tuk-Tuk stop at the corner of Suk. 39 by the Skytrain.

If interested in a game, send me an email: [email protected] or give a call:  09-072-6977.

Anyone played a game yet? :o

I'll be in and out of Bangkok between the 1st and 16th of October. Wouldn't mind a hit if anyone is keen. The Soi Klang Racquet club is fairly convenient for me.

Same deal, 15 years no play, used to be good yada yada yada. :D

Played the other day. It was great getting back into the game.

Drop a line when you are back in town and see if we can line up a game.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Cheers

Just found the squash thread and thought it might be wonderful to give it ago, after a long break!

The more the merry! Is fun to have a group of 5 to 6 and two courts… So, what do you think? Venue, somewhere around Sukhumvit? Anyone up for a game on early Sunday evening?

• 1 month later...

Hi, i will stay in bkk 2 month for work. im the member of HK Squash. im interesting make squash for everybody, every evening (if possible)

PLEASE CONTACT ME AT 04917 1866

sandy

Cheers

Just found the squash thread and thought it might be wonderful to give it ago, after a long break!

The more the merry! Is fun to have a group of 5 to 6 and two courts… So, what do you think? Venue, somewhere around Sukhumvit? Anyone up for a game on early Sunday evening?

im coming from HK, will stay 2 months & looking for someone who can play squash. every evening aviliable, because i love it. if interesing & convenience please call me at 04 917 1866 or [email protected] - sandy

• 2 months later...

I'm up for a game. I'm gonna buy a raquet this weekend. Anytime after around 6-6:15 weeknights is ok for me. Live near Thong Lor, but anywhere on the BTS is ok. Not an amazing player but know my way around the court...

Hi all squash players,

I work near Phrom Phong BTS, play squash weekly and am looking to play new players. I would prefer to play weekdays, Monday - Thursday, after work at around 17.00 onwards.

My email is [email protected] and mobile phone is 095 118 012.

Please feel free to contact me to arrange a game

Thanks,

Simon

Hi Simon,

Thats the same area in BKK as me.

Where do you play? What standard of player are you?