Thai Airways Frequent Flyer Miles

ade

Does anyone know why it is so difficult to get frequent flyer miles for Thai airways.

Tell your travel agent your FF number when you book. Send your original boarding card and copy of ticket to your local Thai aiways office or by post to Bankok.

Still no airmiles. Does anyone out there have any advice or similar experiences. :o

Boarding card should have frequent flier # on it, so always check this when its issued to you right at the kiosk. If it isn't ask one of the agents to enter it in the system and re-issue the boarding pass. Otherwise its a pain in the arse and many emails/calls/letters to get credited due miles.

never had any trouble. all miles credited very very quickly, better than with any other airline out of the 7 FF Cards I hold. only the miles from a stay at Sheraton on Labuan island took 7 weeks to appear on my account, but its normal such transactions need time and its probably not THAI's fault.

even they only give 50% for some cheap booking classes, the THAI FF-program is the most attractive for me.

did u show ur card when at the check-in-desk and di you have a look if ur number or at least a membership-remark couls be found on the boarding pass ?

if its not credited, you still can backtrack it.

had to do that with CATHAY ASIA MILES, for a flight on Royal Brunei. took them 9 weeks to check it, but in the end I got the miles.....

Hang on to your Boarding card Stub which will prove that you have taking the flight.

Can be a real PIA trying to get the credit because check-in "forgot" :D even with the full breakdown schedule of your trip....

Miles from ...BK>Cm>CM>Bk>LON...OK But ......where is the London >Bangkok milage..?....:o

O Sol-lee sumwan for-get...Argggg

On the other hand when it works the ROCI club is good ...

I use the normal lounge at Heathrow T3 before departure and also nip into United Airways for a snifter and then have a couple of Tigers in the Singapore Airways Kris World thingy....

This time K Wife going First Class on birthday milage (half ) and I am using my upgrade to Business....round trip... :D ...luv-lay jubli

Does anyone know why it is so difficult to get frequent flyer miles for Thai airways.

Tell your travel agent your FF number when you book. Send your original boarding card and copy of ticket to your local Thai aiways office or by post to Bankok.

Still no airmiles. Does anyone out there have any advice or similar experiences. :o

How long ago did you send the boarding card? The two times it happened with me, it took them about 4 weeks to process the claims. I showed the boarding card + ticket + FF number directly at the Thai airways office at the airport terminal, they were quite helpful.

I lost miles with them - changed the flight and for some reason they never appeared.

Took my Boarding Card and ticket into Thai Airways Brussels (why it still there I do not know as Thai do not fly there) and they sent it to BKK and had a receipt they sent it. Miles never credited asnd they ignored my own and their contacts with BKK.

<deleted> with them - got my Gold for another year but changing my card to Kris Flyer as I fly mostly with SIA now anyway.

never had any trouble. all miles credited very very quickly, better than with any other airline out of the 7 FF Cards I hold. only the miles from a stay at Sheraton on Labuan island took 7 weeks to appear on my account, but its normal such transactions need time and its probably not THAI's fault.

even they only give 50% for some cheap booking classes, the THAI FF-program is the most attractive for me.

did u show ur card when at the check-in-desk and di you have a look if ur number or at least a membership-remark couls be found on the boarding pass ?

if its not credited, you still can backtrack it.

had to do that with CATHAY ASIA MILES, for a flight on Royal Brunei. took them 9 weeks to check it, but in the end I got the miles.....

Thanks for all the replies there are a range of experiences.

For more information. I did show my card at the check in desk. My FF number does appear on the boarding cards but as I say, still no airmiles.

There seems to be a difference for the passengers who check in online they seem to have no problems

My ticket is purchased in colaboration between me and a company so this is not an option.

Any more comments gratefully received

Hi

I also have experience with Thai Royal Orchid Plus (frequent flyer miles for Thai airways).

Last trip my wife took Swiss Air ( cooperated with Thai Airways : Zurich-BKK-Zurich). No miles added up, even my wife showed the card and handed it to the check in staff.

So when she got back, she sent all original boarding pass, ticket to Royal orchid Plus office. We got letter (by post) said that they couldn't credit mile to her account due to the seat that she 'd taken was "M"Class. M class classified as no mile counted!!maybe this is the reason for your case also.

I don't know much which seat is M class, anyway, I will try to avoid this seat if I have to fly next time.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

lakdee

I don't know much which seat is M class, anyway, I will try to avoid this seat if I have to fly next time.

This has nothing to do with your actual seat on the plane. The fare class relates to the cost of the ticket. According to their own chart, the economy fares on Swiss that do not earn Royal Orchid Plus miles are W, T, and E (undoubtedly the cheaper economy class fares). No mention is made of M. The implication is that an 'M' ticket should have earned Royal Orchid Plus mileage.

This has nothing to do with your actual seat on the plane. The fare class relates to the cost of the ticket. According to their own chart, the economy fares on Swiss that do not earn Royal Orchid Plus miles are W, T, and E (undoubtedly the cheaper economy class fares). No mention is made of M. The implication is that an 'M' ticket should have earned Royal Orchid Plus mileage.

Flights on Swiss seem to be strange - I am pretty sure I got more miles in Singapore Economy than I did on Swiss Biz between Singapore and Bangkok - will check again in a few days when SIA shows up on my mileage.

Flights on Swiss seem to be strange - I am pretty sure I got more miles in Singapore Economy than I did on Swiss Biz between Singapore and Bangkok - will check again in a few days when SIA shows up on my mileage.

I just submitted a Royal Orchid Plus mileage claim request on a Swiss flight that I took earlier this year. It will be interesting to see how this claim plays out. My ticket was a 'V' economy ticket which should be eligible for mileage according to the aforementioned chart.

As an aside, is there any other airline in the world that requires one submit the original boarding pass with a mileage claim request? I've always found that odd.

I just submitted a Royal Orchid Plus mileage claim request on a Swiss flight that I took earlier this year. It will be interesting to see how this claim plays out. My ticket was a 'V' economy ticket which should be eligible for mileage according to the aforementioned chart.

As an aside, is there any other airline in the world that requires one submit the original boarding pass with a mileage claim request? I've always found that odd.

Is the original boarding pass etc just a leftover from 10+ years ago?

I used to fly Edinburgh - London a lot on BA and BM and while the exact reasons escape me often had to submit boarding passes to get my miles for some reason as did colleagues.

Just checked my mileage vis a vis Swiss and SIA

Swiss = 1108 for J class Bangkok - Singapore

SIA = 886 for E class Singapore Bangkok

So I did get a premium for Swiss J class

Flying to Europe, PI and India later in the year as well as BKK twice - I guess I had better make up my mind to jump to Kris Flyer now or not as they are all on SIA except a one way to BKK in J class Swiss

That's probably about right, TG have been processing claims in this manner forever so why question (internally) how things are done? Most airlines can handle mileage requests these days by a simple electronic prodding regarding the flights in question. The only times I have recently had to submit copies of boarding passes is when I have been bumped from carrier A to carrier B and I want to claim my (lost) mileage on original carrier A.

Hi

Sorry to slow reply. I will check on the letter that I have got from Royal Orchid Plus . If I could find ,I will show you guy how they wrote on.. I am not sure whether my wife still kept it cause it was about 1 month ago.

regards,

lakdee

THAI and Star Alliance Airlines

On all THAI operated flights, for paid travel in all booking classes, you earn miles, plus additional class of service miles. For THAI flights less than 500 miles in distance, you earn a minimum of 500 miles.

Class of Service: Actual Miles Flown

Economy Class – Y, B, M, H, Q, T, K, ...................100%

Economy Class (discounted fares) V, W, G*...........50%...(used to be 100%)

Premium Economy Class......................................110%

Royal Silk Class..................................................125%

Royal First Class.................................................150%

On Star Alliance operated flights, you earn:

Class of Service. Actual Miles Flown:Economy Class.100%:Business Class.125%:First Class.150%

However, some discounted Economy and Business Class fares with designated booking class codes,designated routes, or short haul flights may not qualify for full mileage accrual.

and heres the rest of the" so called "Alliance"....wot-a - hotch potch

http://www.thaiairways.com/Royal_Orchid_Pl..._of_service.htm

I believe there is a six month limit on claims.

Also many discounted tickets get bugger all miles.

ROP site lists changes in earnt/spending rates on miles this year.

Update: I just received the Royal Orchid Plus mileage credit for the flight that I took in economy class 'V' on Swiss. Proccessing time was about ten days from when I submitted my claim (by mail), but I did send the letter by EMS. For what it's worth, when I booked the flight on Swiss, I quoted my ROP membership number and when I checked-in for the flight, I presented my ROP membership card.

On TG even the discounted Tics get 50% more than ....wot wos it "bugger miles".... :o .

used to be full distance credits but recon they decided that too many backpackers and their grannys were getting the Gold cards...so....they......... :D

• 4 months later...
Royal Orchid Program:

Where can I find info about "How many miles I need to fly from BKK to Europe for free"

ClaudeFella,

If you log into your account (Royal Orchid) there are a list of choices on the left hand side of the screen. I think it's called redeeming awards and then you'll be able to open the air awards section which will give you a table of distance vs award points. It depends on where you want to go but in economy it will cost between approximately 50-70 000 award points (this is on Thai only not on an affiliate airline).

Cheers

Jimmy

Submitted two boarding passes via Chiang Mai office more than 8 weeks ago and still not credited. I emailed a few weeks ago and they suggested it would take 2 weeks from CM to BKK office and then a further 4-6weeks to process. They also informed me that i should be carefull to present by ROP card at purchase and check-in. I politely informed them i always do this and that there must be a problem with their systems (one of the boarding passes even had the TG ROP number at the bottom). Both flights were points eligible totaling approx 8000 miles. Very annoying ! And to make matters worse i had to handle in the original boarding passes to the CM office ! Now i'm only left with a photocopy.

They haven't replied to my last email over a week ago ...

I've just redeemed my first 'free' flight using my Royal Orchard miles. It's 70,000 miles to fly from Bangkok to London (return), and obviously you still have to pay the taxes which is my case were 11,080 baht. You can do this online (with a credit card) or in person at their ticketing offices. Plan as far ahead as possible though as there are only a few seats available on each flight

A very simple, pain-free process - the same as all my experiences with Thai Airways.

I've just redeemed my first 'free' flight using my Royal Orchard miles. It's 70,000 miles to fly from Bangkok to London (return), and obviously you still have to pay the taxes which is my case were 11,080 baht. You can do this online (with a credit card) or in person at their ticketing offices. Plan as far ahead as possible though as there are only a few seats available on each flight

A very simple, pain-free process - the same as all my experiences with Thai Airways.

I knew the miles but not the tax payable - thanks.

I have just booked to London but paid in economy from Singapore with stop-over in BKK. I have my "Gold Card Upgrade" from last renewal in 2006 that I had not used so have upgaded both ways.

This was very pain free and my Travel Agent actually called to tell me they had upgraded me and the ticket had changed on her system before she even had a chance to ticket me - very good and speedy service.

This was the Singapore office which is a lot better than the Belgian office I dealt with a lot in the past. To b fair top Belgium though they no longer fly there and the Thai staff pretty much ignore it from what i can tell - its from there I lost quite a few miles even though the Belgian office ried to get them from me and had records of them sending the details to Bangkok.

I used to fly Edinburgh - London a lot on BA and BM and while the exact reasons escape me often had to submit boarding passes to get my miles for some reason as did colleagues.

Just checked my mileage vis a vis Swiss and SIA

Swiss = 1108 for J class Bangkok - Singapore

SIA = 886 for E class Singapore Bangkok

So I did get a premium for Swiss J class

Flying to Europe, PI and India later in the year as well as BKK twice - I guess I had better make up my mind to jump to Kris Flyer now or not as they are all on SIA except a one way to BKK in J class Swiss

I have been using KrisFlyer rather than ROP even since I lived in Thailand - it's easier to manage and you can do redemptions etc online whereas the Thai website is not yet so well developed. KrisFlyer Gold gives you the same benefits as ROP Gold does anyway - all the Star Alliance programs seem pretty standard and interchangeable to me - so the main thing is just pick one and stick with it I would suggest.

I still have PPS Club status but even that is hardly worth the extra outlay of flying everywhere in SQ biz (or first) class these days - bizarrely enough now I live in Singapore I fly more on TG (and Swiss) than I do on SQ - I still get the Star Alliance benefits but the cost is usually only about 70% of what SQ want for biz class fares (I'm talking long haul to Europe)

CC