Espnstar No More American Football

mike3006

I know most of you are upset with the coverageof EPL Football that Truevisions gives you. But you atleast get to see pretty much of what you want. I just recieved an email from EspnStar that said they will no longer carry The American Football games. They used to be televised at 7:30 am monday and tuesdays. I think im giving up on Truevisions and going to Jsat or sling box. Truevisions will carry the 12am and the 3:15 am games live. But no more Sunday night or Monday night american time football.

Just wanted to get the word out.

I wrote to their ad department because i knew i would be assured a fast answerHere is the email i recieved

Hi Robert, Thanks for your interest in American Football on our channels. Are you seeking a particular program within American Football? We have some magazine programming; but I wanted to pre-empt that for 07-08, we no longer have rights to the NFL (in case you're looking at it). If you are interested in american sports generally, would you like to consider the National Basketball Association (NBA) or the Major League Baseball (MLB)? Thank youDelilah

That means they want cheap programming they don't have to pay for, but your price is not dropping is it.

I saw this coming when they dropped NASCAR and added PPV chennals to UBC just drop the service they want to suck your blood.

Edited by RKASA

I know most of you are upset with the coverageof EPL Football that Truevisions gives you. But you atleast get to see pretty much of what you want. I just recieved an email from EspnStar that said they will no longer carry The American Football games. They used to be televised at 7:30 am monday and tuesdays. I think im giving up on Truevisions and going to Jsat or sling box. Truevisions will carry the 12am and the 3:15 am games live. But no more Sunday night or Monday night american time football.

Just wanted to get the word out.

Thanks for the horrible news Mike. At least I won't wonder what happened to the Monday and Tuesday morning games when they aren't on. I have noticed that some hotels in Bkk pick up a station from the Philippines (Solar Sports) that carried Monday morning's (Bkk time) exhibition game between the Eagles and Steelers. If you are looking at satellite TV, you might want to ask about how to receive this channel.

If it was my decision, I would switch to satellite TV now, but True still seems to be keeping the wife and kid happy so it will remain True TV for me for the foreseeable future.

If you do make the switch and are able to access NFL games (and possibly NCAA games as well), please update this thread with that info.

I have 3 slingboxes set up in 3 different US cities. The performance isn't perfect, but it's very clear on a 5 or 6 inch screen and definitely worth watching. I don't know what I'd do without NFL football. In fact, I'm watching the preseason game between the Colts and Bengals that I have DVR'd on a Slingbox in Dallas.

Thais over here don't know American football or understand it. One Thai asked me today "Is that the kind of football where you hold the ball with your hands?!?"

Anyway, terrible news on ESPN. But I doubt we have any recourse. I planned for the worst prior to moving here. At least the jerseys can be had for almost nothing at www.jersey101.com.

To which address did you send the email? I will at least try.

I have 3 slingboxes set up in 3 different US cities. The performance isn't perfect, but it's very clear on a 5 or 6 inch screen and definitely worth watching. I don't know what I'd do without NFL football. In fact, I'm watching the preseason game between the Colts and Bengals that I have DVR'd on a Slingbox in Dallas.

Thais over here don't know American football or understand it. One Thai asked me today "Is that the kind of football where you hold the ball with your hands?!?"

Anyway, terrible news on ESPN. But I doubt we have any recourse. I planned for the worst prior to moving here. At least the jerseys can be had for almost nothing at www.jersey101.com.

To which address did you send the email? I will at least try.

My ADSL thru TT&T is terrible for video. What ISP do you have?