Things That Make You Cringe

splitlid

Farang who want to play go-go girl and get up on the stage and swing on the poles for a while. And they think they're so cute and cool.

It's not what I go into a go-go to see.

This one is a top cringe for me; reeks of idiocy.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Call me a traditionalist but very old/ugly guys with very young/beautiful girls makes me CRINGE. The greater the disparity the more I cringe. 10-20 years I can live with (no cringe) but 30 years disparity makes me notice and 40+ years disparity makes me cringe. Add some fat or ugliness to the equation and it makes me cringe even more. I accept that it's a two-way street (that the Thai is a consenting adult) but it still makes me cringe that this kind of imbalance - brought on purely be economics - exists.

Call me a traditionalist but very old/ugly guys with very young/beautiful girls makes me CRINGE. The greater the disparity the more I cringe. 10-20 years I can live with (no cringe) but 30 years disparity makes me notice and 40+ years disparity makes me cringe. Add some fat or ugliness to the equation and it makes me cringe even more. I accept that it's a two-way street (that the Thai is a consenting adult) but it still makes me cringe that this kind of imbalance - brought on purely be economics - exists.

OK: you're a traditionalist!

Seriously, though, I do believe in the possibility of inter-generational love (didn't you see "Harold and Maude"), but love doesn't really come into the equation with most of the old-farang/young-Thai couples you see around. It is a simple commercial arrangement, no better or worse than a 25 year-old farang offing a 25 year-old Thai hooker (where love equally doens't come into the question).

i felt a wee bit like this when i visited, but......

then i ended up in a bar in pattaya playing live music :o

to see these old(er) guys up dancing with the younger girls and enjoying themselves was good to see- it was like a scene from "cocoon" as if they'd all found their youth again :D

after that night i thought ....why not?

hahaha ... I have developed an strong, strong dislike after having a rather bad case of the sheets coming back from Siem Riap by bus. I'd race to the toilet as soon as the bus pulled in at every stop... Not I can't even think about using the things without cringing.

The place that really makes me cringe, however, is Gulliver's. The one on Khao San especially. It just seems to be all business.

In a public place, be it bar, or anywhere… A member of The Random Token Spare Fool/ Potentially Half Crazed Farang genus appears (invariably ‘well’ built, tall & headstrong) and approaches my TGF…

Conversation progresses with standard deviation of +/- 25% thus:

“ WOW – Hello you’re beautiful/sexy/ suay mak mak. What’s your name?”

TGF: “Sorry. I have a boyfriend”

Token spare fool/ half-crazed farang: “I know but what’s your name?”

TGF “Sorry…”

Token spare fool/ half-crazed farang: “Ok. When are you free – can I take your number?”

Yours truly interjects: “Sorry pal, she’s my girlfriend. This is Bangkok. This city’s full of Girls looking to meet guys. Why do you want my one?”

Token spare fool/ half-crazed farang: “but she’s so perfectly thin & beautiful”

Yours truly: “and she’s taken. Ok!”

Token spare fool/half-crazed farang “you’re so lucky!...”

Yours truly: “thanks, but if you were my bank manager, I’d be very pleased to hear that right now.”

Token spare fool then laughs and forgets about sex long enough for yours truly + TGF to move on. Or, vice versa.

Alternatively,

Token spare fool/half crazed farang “Well. I was only talking to her! What’s your problem!?”

coming back from Siem Riap by bus.

That journey from Siem Reap is horrid. It’s not only boring and unconformable but frankly depressing being surrounded by dreadlocked <deleted> having the same banal conversations. Last time I did it with a evil hangover I thought I’d died and gone to backpacker H E L L.

What I want to know is the trick Thais use to inhale meat and leave a little bone on their spoon. I pass because I do not know how to work it with neither my fingers nor a table knife.

:D The trick is to use your tongue. Practice at home with whole fried fish, gleaming the flesh off the bones...... ha ha, and I thought I was the only one.... :D

My TGF can polish chicken bones in her mouth...

.... no, I said chicken bones :o:D

How about fat, sweaty expats who spend their lives in beer bars in Nana, Patong or Pattaya complaining about tourists? Ask the educated Thais and i'm sure the answer would be unanimous.

Of course tourists are going to make mistakes but I find myself cringing more at expats than at tourists. Anyone who is here for questionable reasons (and we all know there are loads, nowone here in particular) will be appreciated by the people who they hand cash, thats all. And they have this amazing ability to possess ZERO life yet still manage to look down on 2 week tourists. AMAZING!

How about fat, sweaty expats who spend their lives in beer bars in Nana, Patong or Pattaya complaining about tourists? Ask the educated Thais and i'm sure the answer would be unanimous.

Of course tourists are going to make mistakes but I find myself cringing more at expats than at tourists. Anyone who is here for questionable reasons (and we all know there are loads, nowone here in particular) will be appreciated by the people who they hand cash, thats all. And they have this amazing ability to possess ZERO life yet still manage to look down on 2 week tourists. AMAZING!

:o

Things that make you cringe.

My girlfriend coming home with some live crabs, bought at some smelly market, that looked like spiders and probably tasted like them after she cooked then horrible little buggers. I think she means to poison me sometimes, I honestly do.

Things that make you cringe.

My girlfriend coming home with some live crabs, bought at some smelly market, that looked like spiders

How unlucky.

She does not come back with spiders or any other exotic insects, much sought-after by people who know what a true delicacy is,... :o:D

How unlucky. She does not come back with spiders or any other exotic insects, much sought-after by people who know what a true delicacy is,...

It revolts Bluecat it really does what she eats at times. YUK! Also her being Khmer doesn’t help as they have no taste in food. Thai food is delicious Cambodian isn’t. They’ll cook and eat anything. It’s part of her devious plan to get out of sex because I won’t want to kiss her. But after sticking her head under the hot shower and rinsing her mouth out while she tries to bite my fingers off normally does the trick.

What makes me sick, is...........

The guys that sell everything they can in Their own Countries, Get unsecured Bank Loans, hammer the crap outta their Credit cards............Then move to Thailand , think they are Rich, waste 80% of it within 18 Months, then they can be seen sitting outside small shops drinking Chang beer all day long with other Losers that thought they would live the dream.......

Bitching about how bad Thailand is, and "aint those girls bad"...( but they was alright when you was blowing 10,000 baht a day on them 18 months before!).............Moaning about the Tourists that come on holiday throwing their money around ."Which fux it up for the rest of us"..........Moaning about the "Guys that send money to these Thai girls"...........Secretly wishing someone would be stupid enough to send them some money every month!.........

They are the guys that are just waiting for the day when they can borrow no more money from other suckers................Waiting for the day they have to go back home to reality, Broken both Financially and Emotionally..........All for the sake of chasing a dream..................

Yep, these people make me VOMIT!!!!! :o

... the idiots in Nana dancing on the podiums,walking around with no shirts and shoes, guys believing they are someone else, friends falling in love with bar girls and wasting money.

why do you write that they are idiots? are they commiting a criminal offence, no. if they want to have a good time on holiday then why slag em' off... that whole scene is encouraged, without it who knows where the tourist industry would be...

course you have never done anything like that in your life, have you?

Blake7 - excellent, I used to love that prog - especially once Blake B*ggered off and Avon (your avatar) run the show. Always wanted an Orac!

Anyway,

Farang men that say "Ka" after each sentence. Obviously never talked to anyone other than Thai BGs who couldn't be arsed to let them know. Doesn't upset me or anything, but brings a cringing smile to my lips.

Falangs that on getting their change in a restaurant of all coins, proceed to dig out the two 10 baht coins and leave the 3 one baht ones as a tip.

Falangs moaning about the weather. Of course its bl**dy hot, why not go to Finland if you want cold?

Tourists that spend their whole holiday in a bar in a westernised city (Pattaya etc) and eating McDon's for lunch.

Tourists who get p!ssed off when the Thai stall holder (etc) does not understand English (is it just the English speaking nations that expect the world to speak English?)

People that take a single item out of a post, read something in to it that's not intended and not relevant to the post particularly and then hijack the thread with insults and personal attacks. No that doesn't make me cringe, it makes me steam.

People that slag off IT people because they get paid more than Bricklayers and Garbage collectors and because they sit behind computer screens all day. How do you post to threads without sitting at a computer?

Posters that use "their", "there", "they're" synonymously. Typos I don't mind, we are all in a hurry to type, but no excuse for bad grammar from an English speaker - especially the Teachers.

Posters who gang up on other members and attack them with a tirade of abuse.

Posters that take every chance to attack newbies and scare them away.

No.1 though is anyone that actually looks good in one of those phase-1 ThaiVisa T-Shirts (the "Farang" ones). XL and XXL are exactly the same size - medium!

Seeing European women topless sunbathing really makes me cringe :D

You guys never went to the right beaches in Europe.

Sure some European women do not look as good as they probably looked when they were younger.

But some of them look stunning.

As much or better than the young Thai girls would look.

If they were going to the beach,... :o

I have no problem with the eye candy :D just the disrespect, or ignorance of going topless in the kingdom

My TGF hides her eyes when she sees this... nervous laughter normally follows... I'm sure she feels embarrassed for them.. :o