It Shops, Which?

RKASA

I am going to Chiang Mai soon and want to do some shopping. Which IT places and where might they be located, would be the best to start. As well I may get down to BKK, I hear alot ref. to a plaza what area is it in, I would be coming in vai Don Muang.

Pantip Plaza I avoid if I really have to. Too touristy :o

I personally always go to Fortune IT Mall (Ratchada) Next to Grand Mercure Hotel, much more relaxing experience and usually better prices. And no "Sexy Movie Sir" every 5 mins......

Thanks, thats one I didn't hear mention of and Hotel name makes it easyer. I should visit Pantip then and shop at Fortune IT. :D

Chiang Mai doesn't compare with BKK. There is Pantip Chiang Mai which is still half-empty, rents too high or something. And there's the venerable Icon square and the one next to it. No rip - offs like in Pantip BKK but a very small selection comared to the big city. So if you get to BKK Fortune, you don't need to bother with CM.

Avoid Pantip in BKK. It's only for insiders who know which shops are honest, and for tourists who don't know any better :o

I have had good luck with Thanni online shopping. Google Thanni online and have a look. I live out in the boonies. Prices are good and delivery has been quick and accurate. I like being able to research a product before I buy it and their items are pretty well described. They will tell you how much the total is so you go to your bank and do a simple ATM transfer. EMS shipping is cheap and fast.

I am going to Chiang Mai soon and want to do some shopping. Which IT places and where might they be located, would be the best to start. As well I may get down to BKK, I hear alot ref. to a plaza what area is it in, I would be coming in vai Don Muang.

A 5 minute drive just north of Don Muang (now officially Don Mueang). Go to Zeer Rangsit. The only building in Thailand with a Z on it. Can't miss it. Alot less touristy than the other IT malls in Bangkok. Some really great stores such as NPE in the back where they sell all kinds of hard to find electronics. If you're a geek, this is the place to go.

Since I've started going to Zeer, never had any desire to return to Pantip Plaza (the "plaza" you are referring to in the Pratunam area). Good second hand shops also. If you are stuck at Don Muang/Mueang for a few hours and don't want to make the 30+ minute trek into town, Zeer is a very good option.