Electric Shock Kills Technician At Foreigner’s House.

britmaveric

Electric Shock kills technician at foreigner’s house.

30_08_4_2.jpg

Police Lieutenant Girasak from Banglamung Police Station made his way to house number 64/4 in Nong Yai to investigate a fatal accident involving an Electrician working at the house. Arriving at the scene, Police inspected the body of Khun Suwat aged 30 who had fallen through a roof to the ground floor after sustaining an electric shock. The man was called in by the foreign owner of the house on Thursday Morning to check a problem with the electrics in this newly constructed house. The owner heard a loud noise at the front of the house and saw the man lying on the front porch. He had sustained a burn mark to his hand and was not breathing. Police have recorded the death as an accident after a full inspection of the body and surrounding area.

-Pattaya City News

Wednesday 29th August 2007

My brother in law died from electric shock in this ###### country because the safety was rubbish, i.e. some stupid prick turned a breaker on whilst he was still working on it. I cringe when I see electricians at work here, the level of incompetence is astounding. I am a qualified military engineer but in the condo where I live we have to call in a company engineer (fair enough) I always know what the problem is and both times we have called in the engineer he stood there switching the ###### water heater on and off for 5 minutes whilst looking at it. I am sure there may be good Thai electricians, but I have yet to meet one.

Electric Shock kills technician at foreigner’s house.

30_08_4_2.jpg

Police Lieutenant Girasak from Banglamung Police Station made his way to house number 64/4 in Nong Yai to investigate a fatal accident involving an Electrician working at the house. Arriving at the scene, Police inspected the body of Khun Suwat aged 30 who had fallen through a roof to the ground floor after sustaining an electric shock. The man was called in by the foreign owner of the house on Thursday Morning to check a problem with the electrics in this newly constructed house. The owner heard a loud noise at the front of the house and saw the man lying on the front porch. He had sustained a burn mark to his hand and was not breathing. Police have recorded the death as an accident after a full inspection of the body and surrounding area.

-Pattaya City News

The jolt knocked the safety boots off his feet, the safety gloves off his hands and the hard hat off his head! :o

Most of the constructon business here is a joke that kills hundreds every year, if not thousands, including tourists. Our 4 year old project is now riddled with dozens of square concrete drain covers caving in. Some are cracked, some are hanging by the re-bar only, while others are left wide open. One drain was fixed by applying striped yellow and black adhesive tape around it on the road instead of putting in a new cover.

Our house was inspected by a man with a clipboard who thought the outside was simply perrrrrfect! He never asked to see the inside.

Electric Shock kills technician at foreigner's house.

30_08_4_2.jpg

-Pattaya City News

The jolt knocked the safety boots off his feet, the safety gloves off his hands and the hard hat off his head! :o

Most of the constructon business here is a joke that kills hundreds every year, if not thousands, including tourists. Our 4 year old project is now riddled with dozens of square concrete drain covers caving in. Some are cracked, some are hanging by the re-bar only, while others are left wide open. One drain was fixed by applying striped yellow and black adhesive tape around it on the road instead of putting in a new cover.

Our house was inspected by a man with a clipboard who thought the outside was simply perrrrrfect! He never asked to see the inside.

Jeez, sometimes it is hard to know whether to laugh or cry.

• 2 weeks later...
My brother in law died from electric shock in this ###### country because the safety was rubbish, i.e. some stupid prick turned a breaker on whilst he was still working on it. I cringe when I see electricians at work here, the level of incompetence is astounding. I am a qualified military engineer but in the condo where I live we have to call in a company engineer (fair enough) I always know what the problem is and both times we have called in the engineer he stood there switching the ###### water heater on and off for 5 minutes whilst looking at it. I am sure there may be good Thai electricians, but I have yet to meet one.

If you haven't already done so, read this topic. Some people there seem to think that everything electrical is 'hunky dory' here in Thailand.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=113749