Kids Clothing Sizes?

bbw

hi there, i'm trying to pick up some clothes for my twin nephews who are starting school in the states. they wear the same white shirt/blue pants uniform as the kids here so i thought i'd save my sister some money by picking some stuff up and sending it to her.

but... i can't figure out the sizes! :o

the boys are a size 3 in US kids' clothing, does anyone have an idea what the equivalent size is here?

thanks in advance!

Hi,

no I cannt help with 'translating' the size (it never works anyway), but I use a simple trick: I 'borrow' children (and sometimes adults :o ) when I shop for cloting for persons I know the approximate size of. You just politely ask a Thai person (beware of Japanese, some are really unfriendly) with a kid of the needed size in tow could you pls hold this piece of clothing on their kid. Or if you know the language you just ask what size of school clothes their kid (of the needed size) wears. Voila!

Edited by sutnyod

Annoying isn't it? Daughter is 9 and average height for her age. She takes a size 9/10 back home but buying swimmers this afternoon she had to go with a Thai size 14. I'm still doubtful they were even kids swimmers as we had to remove the chest padding before my daughter could try them on :o

• 3 weeks later...
hi there, i'm trying to pick up some clothes for my twin nephews who are starting school in the states. they wear the same white shirt/blue pants uniform as the kids here so i thought i'd save my sister some money by picking some stuff up and sending it to her.

but... i can't figure out the sizes! :o

the boys are a size 3 in US kids' clothing, does anyone have an idea what the equivalent size is here?

thanks in advance!

In Japan, the sizes are in cm (kid's height). So, for my daughter who is 94cm tall, size "95" and I can't go wrong. Sizes go in 5cm increments and goods are sorted and displayed that way. Even panties are labeled like that ("95").

Shoes and socks are in feet length (15cm for now).

I saw same size labeling in Tokyu departments store (attached to MBK).

At least, ask for their height and shop assistant will have something to go with.