Muay Thai News?!

docthai

:D Does anyone like Muay Thai ?? :o

We just watched the Movie CHAIYA in Pattaya Thailand, Fairtex Pattaya did some DEMO's at the Theater and it was a great time. NOTE this is a Thailand DRAMA, it is NOT an Action Film so those of you that are Tony JAA fans will be a little disappointed BUT go SEE the movie because it is a great Thailand experience.

I live in Pattaya, (2) Fairtex Pattaya Thai fighters are in the New Reality Show CONTENDER 3 which was going to be here in Thaiand but ended up in Singapore so it is called Contender ASIA but has figthters from all over the world. The (2) Thai fighters have never been away from the other Thais all by themselves, they can fight for sure but can they handle the DRAMA that this show will bring??

Fun pictures of Movie and Contender Fighters.

075514.jpg

075654.jpg

161916.jpg

I've been practicing Muay Thai and Muay Boran on and off for a few years since moving to Thailand with my Thai wife. I really enjoy Tony Jaa's movies "Ong Bak" and "Tom Yam Goong". You say that "Chaiya" is a drama, but does it have a fair amount of action mixed in? "Beautiful Boxer" was also a bit of a drama but had a lot of action scenes thrown in which made the movie pretty enjoyable.

It's interesting that there will be a reality series featuring Thai boxers and their training. I agree that it must be quite a thing for these guys to travel to other countries. So many boxers here never get that opportunity. Most of the boxers I've met have probably never traveled outside Thailand. The tend to be humble guys from tiny towns in Thai countryside.

• 11 months later...