Retirement 1 Year Extension For Single Farang

Hi,

I have had a few extensions based on the 800k baht

This time I went with the embassy letter (dated of last August)

They required :

Application form x 1

ID foto x 1

Signed copies of passport pages (foto, visa, previous extensions and last entry stamp)

Signed copy of TM6 departure card

Signed COPY of the Embassy letter

Signed copies of the Tabien baan and ID card by and of the owner of the place where I live

1.900 baht

Nothing else, and this was my first time to extend in this office, very quick and friendly

Paid 2.000 baht got a reciept and a smile

I also asked and got a multi re-entry

Apllication form x 1

ID foto x 1

Signed copies of passport pages (foto, visa, all extensions and last entry stamp) Had to run outside to copy the page with my brand new extension !

3.800 baht

Paid exact amount got a receipt but no smile......

I also asked and got a residence certificate

ID foto x 2

No fee and got it with a smile !

Took just over an hour for the whole process while drinking free coffee in an air conditioned room in a new office with rest areas and decent toilets

A breeze (nearly)

I am good until next October 2008

Remark, the officer said Icouldhave come 2 weeks agowhich would have been more thna 6 weeks before expiry.....

There was an eldrery UKbloke with only 40K Embassy letter and no funds. The officer hesitated and gave him 90 days toldhim to try and get the funds to make up the 800K, seems to be regular in that situation and the officers are using their discretion in a very humane way

Hi,

I have had a few extensions based on the 800k baht

This time I went with the embassy letter (dated of last August)

They required :

Application form x 1

ID foto x 1

Signed copies of passport pages (foto, visa, previous extensions and last entry stamp)

Signed COPY of the Embassy letter

Signed copies of the Tabien baan and ID card by and of the owner of the place where I live

1.900 baht

Nothing else, and this was my first time to extend in this office, very quick and friendly

Paid 2.000 baht got a reciept and a smile

Just to compare/contrast Kap Cheong with Pattaya: I extended yesterday at Pattaya, and the only difference was that he wanted (and took) the ORIGINAL of the Embassy letter, with a comment that I will need a new letter each year.

Also, no need for Tabien baan or ID card.

Please note that neither of us needed to draw a map to our residence, as had been previously reported as a new requirement for extensions.

Clearly the residence verification was required because the OP requested a residence certificate with his extension.

I supplied the signed copy of the Tabien bann and ID card of the owner of the place where I live because it is the first time I do an extension at Kap Cheong and the first one since I moved from Uttaradit (South of Chiand Mai) to Khun Han (South of Sisaket).

The officer looked at it and gave it back, then took it back and kept it with the other papers, I think it will not be required next extension if there is no change of address.

And yes no mention of verification of the income letter as he even accepted the copy without requesting to look at the original. No mention of a map either.

Edited by Krub