Tg Premium Economy

britmaveric

Booked Cattle class for upcoming trip.... anyone know if you can upgrade prior to travel and what the cost would be???? :o

From LA or New York? Anywhere else, you can't fly their premium economy.

Edited by tw25rw

I don't recommend premium economy at all. Last March I flew BKK-JFK premium economy - it was the most uncomfortable seat I've ever been on in an airplane. I'm not exagerrating! Sure it looked nice having extra legroom, elbow room, etc., but there was a metal bar under my thighs that made the ride extremely uncomfortable & the flight was packed - nowhere else for me to sit. Even sitting on my blanket & a pillow didn't really help. I made the same trip regular economy the year before & it was much nicer. If you're really big & need that extra room it might be worth it for you, but I won't go near premium economy again.

I don't recommend premium economy at all. Last March I flew BKK-JFK premium economy - it was the most uncomfortable seat I've ever been on in an airplane. I'm not exagerrating! Sure it looked nice having extra legroom, elbow room, etc., but there was a metal bar under my thighs that made the ride extremely uncomfortable & the flight was packed - nowhere else for me to sit. Even sitting on my blanket & a pillow didn't really help. I made the same trip regular economy the year before & it was much nicer. If you're really big & need that extra room it might be worth it for you, but I won't go near premium economy again.

Hmmmm that doesnt sound too appealing. :o

What do you mean by metal bar? Do you mean it was a thin cushion?

I found the seats to be pretty good with no problems at all (LAX so different plane, but probably same seats). I don't need the extra legroom or space, but being able to get a good stretch of sleep is a must.

What do you mean by metal bar? Do you mean it was a thin cushion?

I found the seats to be pretty good with no problems at all (LAX so different plane, but probably same seats). I don't need the extra legroom or space, but being able to get a good stretch of sleep is a must.

I don't think the cushion was especially thin. In fact, I didn't notice anything for the 1st hour of the flight. Once my weight had compressed the cushion though, I couldn't sleep at all. That's a long flight with no sleep.

I have done the JFK-BKK return in Economy+ and found it well worth the extra $ over Economy. The seat was quite comfortable and the extra leg room made it much easier to sleep. I will be doing the same trip outbound from JFK Oct 26 return Dec 4 in Econ+. I would highly recommend this option particularly if you are tall or the flight is heavily booked.

As I recall a one way upgrade is offered at check-in (subject to availability) for $199 each way. The difference in return fare from JFK is only $342 ( $1522 V $1180 on TG Web site) so it is less expensive to book in advance and guarantee a Econ+ seat. Don't know what the cost would be to change your ticket in advance. Probably worth a call to Thai Airways.

Enloy your trip

I've flown the LAX-BKK-LAX flights in both business and premium economy. I can't sleep on my back, and thus had trouble sleeping in either class. As a result, the extra seat pitch in business class wasn't useful.

I didn't notice any hard bar in the premium economy seats. On the other hand, the leg rest was totally frustrating. It was too short to be useful. (The design must have been tested by short Thai people.) These seats could really use some sort of foot rest attached to the back of the seat in front. I spent much of the time with my toes hooked on the very back of the armrests of the seats in front.

What I found most frustrating about the BKK-LAX flight is that they keep the window shades shut the whole way even though it is a bright sunny day for the second half of that flight.

BTW, I'm booked for another round trip in premium economy. (Note to self: bring an inflatable beach ball or something similar to use as a foot rest.)

I've flown the LAX-BKK-LAX flights in both business and premium economy. I can't sleep on my back, and thus had trouble sleeping in either class. As a result, the extra seat pitch in business class wasn't useful.

I didn't notice any hard bar in the premium economy seats. On the other hand, the leg rest was totally frustrating. It was too short to be useful. (The design must have been tested by short Thai people.) These seats could really use some sort of foot rest attached to the back of the seat in front. I spent much of the time with my toes hooked on the very back of the armrests of the seats in front.

What I found most frustrating about the BKK-LAX flight is that they keep the window shades shut the whole way even though it is a bright sunny day for the second half of that flight.

BTW, I'm booked for another round trip in premium economy. (Note to self: bring an inflatable beach ball or something similar to use as a foot rest.)

The legrest is adjustable, but has a confusing control. I think it requires raising it all the way up and then it starts getting longer, and then bring it back down to the desired level. Something like that. I just messed around with it until it happened.

The legrest is adjustable, but has a confusing control. I think it requires raising it all the way up and then it starts getting longer, and then bring it back down to the desired level. Something like that. I just messed around with it until it happened.

I was referring to the premium economy legrest. It simply folds up from the front edge of the seat. These seats aren't motorized. Instead, the two available adjustments operate on spring and human power. Hmmm, maybe pulling on the leg rest may extend it out further...

I was referring to the premium economy legrest. It simply folds up from the front edge of the seat. These seats aren't motorized. Instead, the two available adjustments operate on spring and human power. Hmmm, maybe pulling on the leg rest may extend it out further...

Has to be a different aircraft then. I was flying a pretty new A340-500 and the seats had a lot of adjustments, all electronic. They even had a regular 3 prong electrical outlet between the seats.

Has to be a different aircraft then. I was flying a pretty new A340-500 and the seats had a lot of adjustments, all electronic. They even had a regular 3 prong electrical outlet between the seats.

It sounds like you were in business class. The seating in that class is 2+2+2 and the lavatories have a window. And those seats do indeed have a lot of "electronic" adjustments.

The premium economy seats are arranged 2+3+2 and one has to go back to the economy section to use the windowless lavatories.

It sounds like you were in business class. The seating in that class is 2+2+2 and the lavatories have a window. And those seats do indeed have a lot of "electronic" adjustments.

The premium economy seats are arranged 2+3+2 and one has to go back to the economy section to use the windowless lavatories.

Presumably the lavatory-windows, in business class, can be opened for extra ventilation, if the previous occupant was a little 'fruity' ?