Proper Bread In Buri Ram

Disting

New shop just opened up. Opposite the Siam Commercial bank. Directions from Bamboo bar are take the road from Bamboo as if you were going towards the bus station end of town. Siam Commercial is the purple colourde bank on the left as you go along that road. Its almost dead opposite. Its at its very early days and doesnt look much yet. Has the bread etc on display in the window and the inside has a few tables and chairs. I believe the guy used to have a stall in the night market area.

I got a loaf of white bread , very fresh and an apple and blueberry pie and apple pie from him. Very nice. His missus was saying he is doing steak and kidney pie tommorrow so I will have to take another look.

New shop just opened up. Opposite the Siam Commercial bank. Directions from Bamboo bar are take the road from Bamboo as if you were going towards the bus station end of town. Siam Commercial is the purple colourde bank on the left as you go along that road. Its almost dead opposite. Its at its very early days and doesnt look much yet. Has the bread etc on display in the window and the inside has a few tables and chairs. I believe the guy used to have a stall in the night market area.

I got a loaf of white bread , very fresh and an apple and blueberry pie and apple pie from him. Very nice. His missus was saying he is doing steak and kidney pie tommorrow so I will have to take another look.

Hi

Doe's the place have a name?

TBWG :o

Yep, on the right it is. Shop without name for the mo is on the left.

Snake and pigmy pie was being done later. He said he may have 2 or 3 left over from an earlier order and will also do some steak and onion. Will be there tomorow at 10. Hope there is some left.

• 3 weeks later...

Shop run by a New Zealander and his wife.

Apple and apple and blueberry pie excellent

Meat pies all at 40bt very good.

Hi Fibre bread at 50 bt excellent also

Without our support he will not survive. Get yourselves over there and have a look. Best to go early as he bakes only small quantities

He also does breakfasts and other meals.

Highly recommended

Shop run by a New Zealander and his wife.

Apple and apple and blueberry pie excellent

Meat pies all at 40bt very good.

Hi Fibre bread at 50 bt excellent also

Without our support he will not survive. Get yourselves over there and have a look. Best to go early as he bakes only small quantities

He also does breakfasts and other meals.

Highly recommended

My mouth is watering I must go and stock up

Yes. Support him. It is in their early days that 'start up' businesses are vulnerable, till the business builds up enough for the takings to match the expenses.

We are lucky in Khon Kaen that 'Thongsar Minimart', for which a Brit does the baking, got enough support in its early days that it has managed to get on top of its overheads.

Each time I go to Khon Kaen, I haul back enough apple pies, cottage pies, bread pudding etc to replenish my freezer.

• 11 months later...
Yes. Support him. It is in their early days that 'start up' businesses are vulnerable, till the business builds up enough for the takings to match the expenses.

We are lucky in Khon Kaen that 'Thongsar Minimart', for which a Brit does the baking, got enough support in its early days that it has managed to get on top of its overheads.

Each time I go to Khon Kaen, I haul back enough apple pies, cottage pies, bread pudding etc to replenish my freezer.

Hi All

Well I have resurrected this thread as Chris made a going concern of Red Ribbon and then moved on to The Sawadi bar/restaurant on the other side of town, that did not work out for him and he has moved on.

Doe's anyone know if he has resurfaced in Buriram? If so whats he up to and where? As I could do with a fix of Steak & Kidney!

Thanks

Edited by TBWG

Hi All

Well I have resurrected this thread as Chris made a going concern of Red Ribbon and then moved on to The Sawadi bar/restaurant on the other side of town, that did not work out for him and he has moved on.

Doe's anyone know if he has resurfaced in Buriram? If so whats he up to and where? As I could do with a fix of Steak & Kidney!

Thanks

I was in the Bamboo on Saturday night and the friend I was with telephoned Wan (Chris's wife) Apparently they are selling Thai food somewhere in Buriram (possibly from a push cart -unclear), but no decisions made re the future. She said they may go back to making pies, but nothing definite

As I could do with a fix of Steak & Kidney!

Thanks

Well from where you are there's not a lot of difference coming to us, and as you well know we do

Steak & Kidney

Steak & Mushroom

Steak

Chicken

Chicken & Mushroom

Mince Beef & Onion

Meat & Potato

Cornish Pasties

And new

Chicken & Ham

Chicken & Bacon

Chees & Potato

Vegetable

And of course there's the fresh baked Hovis bread ( using Hovis flour from UK)

In fact we've got lots of new stuff now like:

Ambrosia Creamed Rice

Ambrosia Devon Custard

Branston Baked Beans

Picallili

Sharwoods coke in Indian & Chinese sauces. ( for getting high)

That's meant to read cook, but I won't edit it as it looks funny

As they used to say on tele

COME ON DOWN

Oh, I almost forgot. We do large family size Apple and Blueberry Pies as well.

Edited by lampard10

Hi All

Thanks

I was in the Bamboo on Saturday night and the friend I was with telephoned Wan (Chris's wife) Apparently they are selling Thai food somewhere in Buriram (possibly from a push cart -unclear), but no decisions made re the future. She said they may go back to making pies, but nothing definite

Thanks Nick

You have just reminded me that I do have Wans Moby no so can give her a call when we get back to LOS next month!

TBWG :D

As I could do with a fix of Steak & Kidney!

Thanks

Well from where you are there's not a lot of difference coming to us, and as you well know we do

Steak & Kidney

Steak & Mushroom

Steak

Chicken

Chicken & Mushroom

Mince Beef & Onion

Meat & Potato

Cornish Pasties

And new

Chicken & Ham

Chicken & Bacon

Chees & Potato

Vegetable

And of course there's the fresh baked Hovis bread ( using Hovis flour from UK)

In fact we've got lots of new stuff now like:

Ambrosia Creamed Rice

Ambrosia Devon Custard

Branston Baked Beans

Picallili

Sharwoods coke in Indian & Chinese sauces. ( for getting high)

That's meant to read cook, but I won't edit it as it looks funny

As they used to say on tele

COME ON DOWN

Oh, I almost forgot. We do large family size Apple and Blueberry Pies as well.

Hi BFG

I will certainly be over when I return to LOS next month!

At the moment I am contemplating what to dish up to a certain Dave the Dude when he pops round for a bite to eat next week!

I think i'll give him his favorite ..Toad in the hole with custard!!! :o

At the moment I am contemplating what to dish up to a certain Dave the Dude when he pops round for a bite to eat next week!

I think i'll give him his favorite ..Toad in the hole with custard!!! :o

Give him my regards

Mine tooooooo! :D

It would appear that the new partnership was made in hel_l.Conflict of powers i believe.

Last saw Chris removing items from the kitchen a couple of sunday's ago.

Ther is now a new chef lady from Phuket is now in charge of the food and supposed to be good.The man from Norway is now the sole owner or his wife is and it appears to be doing well.

It would appear that the new partnership was made in hel_l.Conflict of powers i believe.

Last saw Chris removing items from the kitchen a couple of sunday's ago.

Ther is now a new chef lady from Phuket is now in charge of the food and supposed to be good.The man from Norway is now the sole owner or his wife is and it appears to be doing well.

Bl@@dy Norwegians again.......................................... :o