Mot

Brigante7

From what I've read on this site and others, it seems that Thailand is in effect 2 countries, the big city's where there are the usual rules and regulations to a degree and the sticks where there are very little rules or am I reading things wrong?

• 2 weeks later...
They check: lights, emission, noise, engine-number and VIN (Chassis) Number. If you use a agent for change ownership or roadtax, your car will not see the testing area (few hundert baht)

Where or how would one find those "agents"

My car is 10 years old and ill have to renew reg/tax in october

Only bought the car in may so never had to renew before.

It is in fairly good condition although a bit smoky when hammering it (its a diesel).

Also do you renew just before the due date, on the due date or just after the due date??

Any help/advise would be appreciated.

Cookie

Also do you renew just before the due date, on the due date or just after the due date??

On or before is fine. I usually do it within a week of expiry. After the date and you are driving illegally and can get stopped and fined, though odds are low that would happen. Also, let us know where you are located in order to get you information as to a vehicle check point.

On or before is fine. I usually do it within a week of expiry. After the date and you are driving illegally and can get stopped and fined, though odds are low that would happen. Also, let us know where you are located in order to get you information as to a vehicle check point.

Yea Sorry, On-nuch, Bangkok

The guy i bought it from went with me to opp-soi 62 to transfer into my name.

I would brefer to use a agent to just have it done, although i would say it would pass the inspection no problem

Thanks

Cookie

Yea Sorry, On-nuch, Bangkok

The guy i bought it from went with me to opp-soi 62 to transfer into my name.

I would brefer to use a agent to just have it done, although i would say it would pass the inspection no problem

Thanks

Cookie

If you registered it in your name at the license place opposite soi 62, then that's the best place to go and get the MOT done.

You'll just have to ask around outside/inside to find an agent.

Not sure if this is everywhere in Thailand, but down here in Ranong When you insure your car the insurance company also get you your tax disc as part of the transaction.

That is the same in Surin, if it is your wish for them to do so. They charge you for it though! :o